PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do?

Darren F
07-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Washed my car last night but as I finished it started to rain...Was going to use an AIO then top it with a sealer. Car has been sitting in my garage over night... Can I just apply the AIO right onto the car? Should I rinse off the car first? Use a QD first? Also keep in mind I have a Black car so I do not want to scratch it....

CelicaLover
07-29-2006, 08:00 AM
It should be fine, if you want to be extra safe just wipe it over quickly with a qd and then apply klasse over it.

imported_smprince1
07-29-2006, 08:02 AM
If you have it, I would use S&W and give it a quick wipe down to remove any dust and/or waterspots. Then you`re good to go right into AIO.

Darren F
07-29-2006, 09:12 AM
if i dont get to it till later today is that going to make a difference?

EMazda3S
07-29-2006, 10:12 AM
if i dont get to it till later today is that going to make a difference?

I wouldn`t think so as long as it`s garaged in an enviroment that`s not filled with dust and dirt.

A quick QD with S&W or any decent QD should do the trick and then using the AIO should be just fine.

Otravez
07-29-2006, 10:49 AM
QD should work fine like the others said. When my car is in my garage overnight after I get done washing it there is usually a layer of dust on it. QD or a quick wash is what I do when I want to add another layer of something just to be safe.

Darren F
07-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Just got home and it turns out my wife drove my car.....She said it was only to her parents house about 5 miles away....Do I need to rewash it before I use AIO on it or can I use QD than put on the AIO?

EMazda3S
07-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I`d bet that the jury is split here... How dirty did the car get??? You can likely QD with S&W or a stronger QD being very careful and mindful of how dirty it is. If you were going directly to a non-cleaning sealant or wax, I`d say no way but you are going to go with the AIO which has cleaners so use your judgement. If in doubt; wash. Do you have ONR or QEW? This would give you a nice, quicker wash that would be perfect in this case. If it`s just light dust and a tad of road grime, I`d QD but for anything more, I`d wash. JMO but I hope it helps.