PDA

View Full Version : Who has used Zaino & Jeffs Werkstatt?

SamIam
07-28-2006, 11:28 AM
I am torn between the two and am looking for input from people who have used both. Specifically, if you have a well-prepped surface, are you really going to know the difference between the two from a looks or longevity standpoint? I have a pearl white metallic Lexus and a metallic gold Honda, I have a hard time thinking there will be much difference in the appearance, hence my question to those who`ve used both.

I thought maybe the Zaino add-in catalyzing agent that allows you to build 3 layers in a day would be a benefit, but then I see that Jeff`s lets you apply multiple layers in a day.It sounds like both are long lasting products, so I don`t know that there is a difference there.

I have used AIO & SG, can you really tell a difference on a light metallic car between SG and the other two?

I am torn. Is there really a difference in ease of use, longevity or look that makes a difference one way or another?

A confused Autopian

Intercooled
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I have never used Werkstatt and from what I understand its exactly the same as a popular product thats been around for years.( although it has a good track record.) I use Zaino and love it!

chevyguy28
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Werkstatt has a lot of value added compared to Klasse. Custom formulations of Prime, spray version of Acrylic Jett, great customer support, car wash, QD, carnauba products, etc. However, SG compared to the standard (non-spray) version of Acrylic Jett, there probably isn`t much difference and I`d finish my SG before buying more Werkstatt stuff.

Looks wise, Werkstatt Acrylic Jett and Zaino (w/o Z8) look pretty similar to me on light colors. Z8 adds a little something extra though. Slickness is also similar.

On the durability side, it is pretty clear to me that Zaino lasts longer, especially when you factor in treatments of Z8 and Z6. However, Acrylic Jett Trigger is so easy to use, that it isn`t a big deal to reapply. You`ll have to decide what you`re looking for on this front.

Easy of use is easier with Zaino if you are doing a hand application of only one coat for both products. However, I think AJ Trigger is a lot easier.

It`s hard for me to recommend one over the other. I use Zaino on my black car, where I cannot always detail it, but can invest significant time detailing it every 3 months. Zaino lasts a long time, as it`s fairly easy to use, and I can add coats when needed.

I use Werkstatt on the car that I never have significant time to detail, but can throw a coat of AJ on with minimal prep every month or two. The car is also silver, and I think it looks great on this car.

- Justin