PDA

View Full Version : P21s vs Pinnacle Souveran

Pages : [1] 2

imported_grease
07-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Correct section?

Hey guys! I`m looking to pick up a good carnauba. My car is a dark blue metallic.

I tried finding a comparison between P21s and Souveran, and I couldn`t.

These will be topped over Klasse AIO.

Will I notice enough of a difference with P21s compared to my usual OTC (Mothers Pure Carnauba), or would it be worth it to get the Souveran? Am I really gonna notice a big difference between souveran and p21s...

Also, most of ths sites says limited availability on the Souveran. How limited is it? Long wait?

Thanks for the help!

scooterguitar
07-28-2006, 09:25 AM
W?O a doubt, Souveran beats P21 by far. If oyu want P21, just try S100 as it is identical, most bike shops carry it for around $15. I great wax with lots of similarities to SOuveran is DP Max Wax and it is half the price. no Souveran is not limited that I know of!

Bigpoppa3346
07-28-2006, 09:50 AM
I honestly was underwelmed by S100(P21S). It didn`t really stand out in any areas, and durability is poor. Souveran blew me away, and it is probably the deepest wax you can buy, IMO. Insane shimmer and wetness, easy to use as well. Try some S100(P21S costs twice as much and is the same thing), see if you like it, if you don`t, get some Souveran.

Saleenman607
07-28-2006, 09:58 AM
I just topped "Old Girl" with some Souveran......

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/saleenman607/Saleen9.jpg

P21S is a close second IMO

Bigpoppa3346
07-28-2006, 10:03 AM
I just topped "Old Girl" with some Souveran......

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/saleenman607/Saleen9.jpg

P21S is a close second IMO

Nice car :wow:

LightngSVT
07-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Sweet Saleen!

S100 is a good wax, has a nice look and is VERY easy to use. I wouldnt say its expetional, but worth the $15. Soveran beats it for sure in my book though. Sure its $70 a jar, but it goes a loooong ways.

Accumulator
07-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I`ve heard some surprising, yet compelling, arguments that P21s and Souveran are virtually identical products, but I noticed a big difference on the Jag`s (admitedly weird) ss metallic lacquer. The Souveran looked a lot better to me and my wife, but I can see how others might prefer the look of the P21S (more reflective but not as much depth).

Saleenman607
07-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I`ve heard some surprising, yet compelling, arguments that P21s and Souveran are virtually identical products, but I noticed a big difference on the Jag`s (admitedly weird) ss metallic lacquer. The Souveran looked a lot better to me and my wife, but I can see how others might prefer the look of the P21S (more reflective but not as much depth).

I totally agree. The manufactures paint and or custom shop mixes have a lot to do with your LSP of choice. I just tried different products till I liked a particular one. To me.... LSP`s are like restaraunts, very subjective.

Accumulator
07-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I know how *I* want my cars to look and it`s not like that`ll appeal to everybody.

Bill D
07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
I`ll second Accumulator`s remarks about the similarities between the two. I have yet to really see a difference when I compared the two on my trunk lid. I suppose the residual suntan lotion fragrance could`ve given the Souveran side away :nixweiss:

Lots of of subjectiveness for sure.

drew.haynes
07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Hearing people say they are so close makes me a little more glad each time I hear it. I bought some S100 for 15 bucks at a Harley store. I like it alot, though I have only used it on Silver and White so far. Just seems like 70 is alot for a jar unless you use it very often on well-paying jobs.

Saleenman607
07-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Most people say for reds and blacks......Souveran (on a properly prepared paint), is tough to beat. I`m not a proffesional detailer, but I would agree. Silvers seem to be tough to bring out the depth.

imported_Picus
07-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I realize this is totally subjective, but I notice a *big* difference between P21S and Souveran on dark colors - P21S reminds me way more of clearkote carnauba, in that it is very slick and deep - but not overly wet looking. It`s kind of a muted look. Souveran on the other hand is hard to describe; slick, glossy, super wet - it almost shimmers like the paint is in motion. I know that sounds lame but hey, it`s my description. :)

In any event for $15 S100 is a killer, killer wax - but Souveran is definitely worth the extra imo.

Envious Eric
07-28-2006, 04:35 PM
i use PS on my cars and the higher priced details....the cheapo detail dont even get to look at the jar...they just get the sealant with carnauba, or nxt....it costs too much to use on everyones car....so i reserve it specifically for dark color, higher paying customers! and of course I tell them about it

SilverLexus
07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Souveran is much wetter than P21S. It`s a significant, not subtle difference.