PDA

View Full Version : Honda Hydrophilic Coating - Heard of it?

jerry@robs
07-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Honda in our country offers this after-sales add-on as a paint protection product.

It is claimed that:

"Hydrophilic services

imported a machine from japan, nano technology glass coating, these makes the car boby hyrophilic, but honda`s way is through chemical painting while mine is more on water pressure spraying, if you put wax you are just defeating the purpose of the hydrophilicity of the car.

you must remember the wax makes the water bead while the hydrophilic process makes water runs...

its like you put some coating on the car that will make the water slide, but then you put some wax on which dirt will surely adhere...

it will last around 6 months. you dont need to wax your car just plain car shampoo (not the wax shampoo) & water will do.

its easier to get rid of dirt since this is coating is in nano level while dirt is in micron level only.

Our tentative service fee will be around P2,300.- to 2,500.- for a small & mid size sedan.

approximate application time is around 1- 2 hours the coating has to be done twice so we

advice the owner to bring his car back after a week so that the glass coating could crystalize

and dry up to ensure maximum coverage.

It will make it shiny since it will be like glass coating your car.

yes it includes the polishing."

Something like what they already are doing for side mirrors and glass, where water will not bead on it.

Kinda like what they`re talking about here

http://www.grcblog.com/fullview.php?blog_id=19

Any thoughts?

imported_SHICKS
07-28-2006, 07:47 AM
I don`t know about it on paint, but my Toyota 4Runner has it on the driver, passenger and rear windows from the factory. 5 years and it beads like crazy after each wash. No so sure I would want it or pay for it on paint.

Steve

Honda in our country offers this after-sales add-on as a paint protection product.

It is claimed that:

"Hydrophilic services

imported a machine from japan, nano technology glass coating, these makes the car boby hyrophilic, but honda`s way is through chemical painting while mine is more on water pressure spraying, if you put wax you are just defeating the purpose of the hydrophilicity of the car.

you must remember the wax makes the water bead while the hydrophilic process makes water runs...

its like you put some coating on the car that will make the water slide, but then you put some wax on which dirt will surely adhere...

it will last around 6 months. you dont need to wax your car just plain car shampoo (not the wax shampoo) & water will do.

its easier to get rid of dirt since this is coating is in nano level while dirt is in micron level only.

Our tentative service fee will be around P2,300.- to 2,500.- for a small & mid size sedan.

approximate application time is around 1- 2 hours the coating has to be done twice so we

advice the owner to bring his car back after a week so that the glass coating could crystalize

and dry up to ensure maximum coverage.

It will make it shiny since it will be like glass coating your car.

yes it includes the polishing."

Something like what they already are doing for side mirrors and glass, where water will not bead on it.

Kinda like what they`re talking about here

http://www.grcblog.com/fullview.php?blog_id=19

Any thoughts?