PDA

View Full Version : Garage nightmare!

Guy
07-27-2006, 05:54 PM
We built a house in 2004 with a two year warrenty, which we are having all the problems fixed now under that deal.

One problem was a bad patch in the garage, about a 1/4" deep and the size of a football. They tried to patch it when they were finishing the floor but the patch didn`t hold. The cement guys came today unannounced, (supposed to give 2 days notice) but luckily I was home. All I wanted was for them to clean the spot out and put another patch in. They said ok but it will never hold like the first one.

Thinking that`s what they were doing I went back to mowing out by the street approximently 200ft from the house, looking up and there was white smoke pouring out of both doors. Thinking it was on fire I went running up only to see them cutting a square out of my floor about 4 square feet. He took it upon himself to do this wanting to do it " the right way"!

All my MF towels and buff pads were sitting out waiting to be put in there dustproof boxes, everything in there was covered with dust at least an 1/8" thick! All my drawers, cabinets, boxes, etc are covered inside and out! To make matters worse he got one of my detail buckets and used it as an ashtray! The place looked like it had snowed.

I was pissed needless to say, they offered to clean it up, then asked were the hose was! I told them to leave and called my contractor and he said he would take care of it. Meanwhile I vacuumed the worst, stopping to clean the filter which kept clogging from the dust, then I blew it out with an airhose and 3 fans blowing out the doors, then I finally hosed the floors down. Now my asphalt driveway looks like crap and needs to be cleaned.

The worst part, the "right way patch" looks 100 times worse then the little football sized indent! Thanks for letting me vent!

CelicaLover
07-27-2006, 06:00 PM
That really really stinks. Sorry to hear that. Are they reimbursing you for the bucket or some of the towels by chance?

Bigpoppa3346
07-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Wow that really stinks. I hate it when problems like these arise. We just had a new air conditioner installed last fall and it stopped working. They sent a guy over and he said grass clippings were clogging it up blah blah-$50 later and it worked....for a while. They sent the same guy over and now he calls it installation issues(this was the problem before but he mis diagnosed it)tried to charge us $150 this time around and we refused to pay. The problem is fixed, but IMO they should get it right the first time around, then when they give you all this BS about the issue and the problem still isn`t fixed it really bugs me. These people have no integrity. I totally feel your pain.

Tasty
07-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Grass clippings clogging the AC unit? A/C guys never fail to amuse me. They are so full of lame reasons to extort money.

Guy
07-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I`ve spent probably 4 hours cleaning my garage the last few days, vacuum, airhose, waterhose, and brooms. Got it cleaner then it was before the cement incident.

Today I recieved a call from customer care saying they would send a cleaning crew over next week sometime to take care of the mess made. It was explained to them how I cleaned it all and there was nothing left to do now. And that maybe replacing all my things that were ruined. Their reply was that their only obligation was to clean the mess, that I should have known there would be some dust and removed all things that could be damaged.

Nothing was really damaged beyond use but they could have bought me new pads and MF towels for all the hassle and my time wasted. I think it would be more trouble persuing this then it`s worth.

To make matters worse I caught my wife using one of my MF`s to clean the water off the steps going into the house.

All the rest of the contractors coming to my house will be closely monitored from now on!!

Joshua312
07-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Their reply was that their only obligation was to clean the mess, that I should have known there would be some dust and removed all things that could be damaged.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually their obligation should have been to consult you before cutting into your floor without letting you know. Some people are so out of whack...And as for the smoking and using your detail bucket as an ashtray, that is beyond rude it is disrespectful. I hate it when people doing a job are standing their smoking. Went to the local fair this weekend for the mud races and evey carny was smoking, even the guy standing in the pool of water for little kids to ride the ducks that go around in circles...Disgusting and rude to say the least...Sorry to hear about your issues!!