PDA

View Full Version : product on plastic trim??

zinc mach
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
How do you keep from getting polish, wax, sealants ect. on the plastic trim pieces. I though of painters tape but wondered if there are better ideas to keep them black (or gray)?

CelicaLover
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
be careful :)

Pb2theMax
07-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Don`t get your buffer too close to the trim, then get close by hand with a foam applicator.

Applying a protectant prior to waxing/polishing will make it wipe off easier if you do get some on the trim. I use 303 Aerospace protectant on trim.

Accumulator
07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Besides taping and just being careful (heh heh, easier said than done sometimes) I like to use a barrier. The thin cardboard that comes with new dress shirts and the even thinner stuff that comes with lady`s pantyhose work great. Stick it in the seam and let the pad bump against it.

And, whenever possible, use products that don`t stain.

zinc mach
07-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Uh, Accumulator Dress shirts-okay but Pantyhose??? Any other uses for pantyhose?

odonnellb
07-27-2006, 10:48 PM
yea when i did a cross country the other day (more trim/cladding that like anything ever) I used turtle wax f21(their version of armor all) pre polish-wax. And Even though some wax got on the cladding, came off pretty easy.

SVR
07-28-2006, 03:02 AM
I use sealants (AJ) on trim. it works way better than a dressing

As far as polish, I can manage my rotary well enough to eliminate the need for tape.

Some polish is good for trim, just depends on what material it is

Accumulator
07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Uh, Accumulator Dress shirts-okay but Pantyhose??? Any other uses for pantyhose?

Heh heh, guess that depends on who you`re talking to ;)

I was thinking as I keyed that in that those cardboard inserts are another perk of cohabitating with a woman. We`ve been together so long that I sorta take such stuff for granted. From makeup sponges and cotton-wool balls to the thin (and coated, so products don`t just soak in) cardboard inserts, there`s a lot of detail-handy stuff I get from Accumulatorette.