PDA

View Full Version : Tried my PC 7336 & meg`s #83

RDF
03-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Recived my pad kit today and tried it out on parts of my truck. It made the paint have a deeper looking shin, but I still have water stains and scratch marks, went over that with meg`s #9. I guess my paint is to abused to get anybetter or I `m doing something wrong, any ideals.

Thanks
Rick

GregCavi
03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
As for water stains those might night a stronger product or wetsanding dending on how bad they are. Take multiple passes at the scratches perhaps using stronger pad. Start with the least aggressive first remember. So just do multiple passes until you get your desired result. Work a 2x2 section at a time and work slow. Dont be afraid to really crank up the buffer, you will need a hight speed. HTH

Greg

lonewolf0420
07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I just got my buddies 7336 and I have alot of cobwebb scratches and etched water marks I hope I can get them out with this thing.

CharlesW
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
One thing to keep in mind with the PC. It takes some time to get results.
The lack of danger in its use is because it doesn`t have an aggressive action. That also means it takes longer to achieve the results that a rotary, (in the right hands), would get in probably 1/10th the time.

Charles

Beercan31
07-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Rick

Don`t give up:wait . using #83 with a PS will only give you half the results the product can do because of the amount of "heat" the Pc can produce, even though it states on the label for use by hand, polisher and rotary. I have found that using #83 with a rotary will work better in the long run.

Now that no one is looking :hah if I can suggest using something different after you use the #83. Do what you can to get a hold of some Poor Boy`s Pro Polish that stuff is amazing.

What I have found to work for me is to apply Pro Polish with a applicator pad to a small section as if you were doing an "old school wax job" not to much though....then work the section with a polishing pad or a finishing pad...if you using a finishing pad you will need to work the section a little longer, don`t be aggressive with the down pressure let the machine do the work not your arms.

Good luck
Keep us posted on how you do

Rich