PDA

View Full Version : blotching and gray pad questions

sftempest66
07-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys have ever had any trouble on getting black cars "even"...after I apply the nattys blue paste wax and begin to remove it, it seems like some areas are darker/lighter than others and it gives the paint a kind of blotchy look to it, it drives me insane and I end up taking a long time evening out the wax or whatever....

My question is that is there any way to help this or is this just normal? am I applying the wax too thick, too thin, am I rubbing the wax out with the microfiber too hard or what?

I also am wondering if I can remove the wax with a gray finishing foam...one more question, can I apply a coat of the Poorboys EX with carnuba with a gray finishing pad? I usually apply the last two coats by hand...

Thanks guys

Thomas Dekany
07-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys have ever had any trouble on getting black cars "even"...after I apply the nattys blue paste wax and begin to remove it, it seems like some areas are darker/lighter than others and it gives the paint a kind of blotchy look to it, it drives me insane and I end up taking a long time evening out the wax or whatever....

My question is that is there any way to help this or is this just normal? am I applying the wax too thick, too thin, am I rubbing the wax out with the microfiber too hard or what?

I also am wondering if I can remove the wax with a gray finishing foam...one more question, can I apply a coat of the Poorboys EX with carnuba with a gray finishing pad? I usually apply the last two coats by hand...

Thanks guys

that is why I apply all waxes/sealants with a pc. (gray pad is ok)

sftempest66
07-26-2006, 07:57 PM
that is why I apply all waxes/sealants with a pc. (gray pad is ok)

well the paste wax is kind of hard to apply through the pc, can I take it off after it dries with the gray pad to make it a little more even?

Thomas Dekany
07-26-2006, 08:48 PM
well the paste wax is kind of hard to apply through the pc, can I take it off after it dries with the gray pad to make it a little more even?

very easy to apply paste wax with the pc. Use your yellow foam pad to get the wax onto the paint/section. spread it with the pc. wipe off afterwards. Easy.

sftempest66
07-26-2006, 10:33 PM
very easy to apply paste wax with the pc. Use your yellow foam pad to get the wax onto the paint/section. spread it with the pc. wipe off afterwards. Easy.

alrighty, so mainly its just how even you apply the wax then? I`ll definately be applying the EX with the gray pad but I`ll probably stick to applying the paste wax by hand

Thomas Dekany
07-26-2006, 10:36 PM
alrighty, so mainly its just how even you apply the wax then? I`ll definately be applying the EX with the gray pad but I`ll probably stick to applying the paste wax by hand

I can`t apply wax even for the life of me.

Another way to do it is to wipe the wax on the pad from the applicator.