PDA

View Full Version : `Guess they spilled Chocolate Milk on a Test Drive...

Warez
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I recently bought a new Avalanche from a dealership around 70 miles away(I don`t want to drive back). Apparently, I was so excited to get a new vehicle that I didn`t notice the stains on the carpet.

It looks like someone spilled chocolate milk or coffee or something on the center console and it dripped down both sides of the console.

I`d like some advice on what to use to clean this mess. Also... on the driver`s side, the stuff ran down between the seat and console. I don`t know how I`m going to reach it.

Here are some pics:

http://picsorban.com/upload/wz_avint01.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/wz_avint02.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/wz_avint03.jpg

Thanks...

Envious Eric
07-26-2006, 05:23 PM
screw that take it back!

or take the seat out and get some folex and a scrubber, or a steamer, and have at it!

Joshua312
07-26-2006, 05:24 PM
My vote is for take it back...that is messed up! Or if they wont do that...Tell them you want compensation to have it taken to a detailer then just go spend $5 on some folex :)

imported_steveo3002
07-26-2006, 05:35 PM
you really should make them aware of it...maybe they will pay for it to be taken care of localy?

awahl63
07-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Let them know about it at the very least

drew.haynes
07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
My vote is for take it back...that is messed up! Or if they wont do that...Tell them you want compensation to have it taken to a detailer then just go spend $5 on some folex :)

I`d second this option. They should at least give money to fix it. Then you CAN just use some Folex and take it out, probably w/o much difficulty.

Joshua312
07-26-2006, 06:19 PM
In case you have any questions and want to take care of it asap...Folex or Kids and Pets can usually be found at your local Target or Wal-Mart. I would spray some on let it sit for a minute then blot with a terry towel. Im sure it will come out perfect, since you said the dealership is almost 70 miles away, call them up talk to them about it, send them these pictures via email (not this thread :chuckle: ) and tell them you are going to a local detailer to have it fixed and would like to be compensated, tell them you got quoted $40 and you`re all set :)

drew.haynes
07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I agree. I don`t think that is being dishonest, even if you do it yourself. If someone brought a car to you and asked you to remove it.. you would charge them. It IS your car, but they made the mess, not you, so it`s no different than someone bringing that to you to fix.

stilez
07-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Folex or Kids & Pets

How many miles were on it when you purchased?

Capt. Paintball
07-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Also, see if you can take (pop off) the top panel of the center console off of the car. You may be surprised at how much gets into the panel gaps. I had to do that with an Oldsmobile Alero. I had to remove the shifter knob with a screwdriver, pop off the top of the panel around the shifter, disconnect a wire harness where a awitch connected to the popped off piece, unscrew a light bulb housing that illuminates the shift indicator, and scrub/wash away... That is really the only way to really get the area looking perfect,

Unfortunately, your car`s interior looks much more complex than the Alero`s. Getting the service manual would help, although that would be expensive. (but worth it if you are a do-it-yourself kind of guy) Or you may figure it out if you are mechanically inclined.

Upon second look, I don`t think it looks that bad, though, that you need to completely remove panels. But for other cars, and other people, I think this is the only way to go sometimes, when you get a real PIG of a detail.

Warez
07-26-2006, 09:18 PM
(It had 50 miles on it when I bought it.)

I understand what everyone`s saying about complaining to the dealership. The problem is, I`ve waited too long. I bought the Av on 07/05 ... so like, 3 weeks ago. I dunno... I just don`t want to mess with taking it back, nor with calling to gripe about it.

I stopped by Target and bought Folex as recommended... thanks. I also picked up a soft-bristled brush that I hope will reach into the spot next to the driver`s seat so that I won`t have to remove the seat.

Thanks again...

emaxxman
07-26-2006, 09:23 PM
The folex should take it out. I have an 8 yr old Accord with an ivory interior. The carpet and mats had stains from mud, drinks, etc and was never cleaned. All I did was vacuum on a regular basis. There were some stains that were worst than what you have shown. I used a 5:1 mixture of woolite and water. That along with Meguiar`s interior brush and a brush attachment on my PC got all the stains out. My carpets look almost as good as new.

The folex, being a dedicate cleaner should be even better. Get some good stiff brushes for those hard to reach areas. You won`t have a problem.

Five Star
07-27-2006, 01:07 AM
try woolite/water to remove the bulk of it, then the once over with kids n pets

to cleanup any nasty bacteria and enzymes