PDA

View Full Version : Which combination should I use......

yodash89
07-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Hello all,

I have a detail coming up in a few days, the car is a red 1998 camaro. I took a look at the car today and did a test spot to possibly quage what was going to be needed for swirl removal. I started with a PC and light LC cutting pad with SSR2.5 and found that that didnt really hold a candle to it. I moved onto a LC cutting pad again with SSR2.5 and this did manage to help it along a bit. I followed up the cutting pad with a light cutting pad with SSR1 and then a polishing pad with SSR1. Now I would say that it removed about 80-85% of the swirls, better but not up to my standards. So my question would be what is the best process to use on this vehical to get the best results. I only have SSR2.5 and SSR1 to work with and a cutting, light cutting, and polishing pad to work with(i have wool but i dont think its that drastic that the paint requires that) I only did one pass of each, so would it maybe be better if i went over the same area twice to get possibly better results? Again if you could just recomend me a process that you think would be best i greatly appreciate it.

Sorry about the novel.

Thanks in advance,

Yodash

yodash89
07-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I dont mean to do a bump this early, but I am worried that i put this in the wrong section. So sorry to do a bump, I realize that i havent given it enough time............

Thanks again and sorry,

Yodash89

yodash89
07-28-2006, 04:09 PM
If this question has already been answered please direct me to that page, thanks.

Thanks again,

Yodash89