PDA

View Full Version : More newbie questions....

ryano
07-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I never knew detailing was such a art form :)

I just purchased a 2004 G35 coupe with 12k miles... the former owner kept the car in great shape and asa far as I can tell the paint is prtty much perfect. Im starting to see a few spots on the roof at some angles but for the most part its perfect. SO my question is... do i really need to Clay, Polish, and Glaze before waxing? I was a former zaino user (Z1 & Z2) which was a polish only ?? Seemed to work great though. What about a more generic wax like Black Magic Wet Shine. Im assuming this is a wax/cleaner? Ive read through alot of the posts here.. just so much to sift through.. forgive me if this is asked a million times. Thanks in advance.

imported_Denzil
07-26-2006, 03:29 PM
All I have to say is that your car will only look as nice as the effort put into maintaining that way.

ryano
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
of course that is true.... Im not NOT wanting to put effort into it, i guess im just wondering in the condition its in if there is no point in polishing/glazing (which if i understand correctly is for swirl / imperfection removal - which my car has none of)?