PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge for...

Guy
07-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Washing, including the door jams and around the edges of the trunk and hood

Wheel and tire cleaning

Claying

paint cleaner

polish

sealant application

interior detail

I kinda got into the detail business by accident, all the neighbors were always impressed by the looks of my cars. I`ve done 5 of their cars now and have been charging them $125. My backlog is growing and I`m going thru products like crazy, I was just wondering if that was a good price?? I`d like to break down each to a seperate price to give the customers options and maybe save me from doing extra work for the money. Thanks! :buffing:

A salute to my son in Iraq! :usa

EBPcivicsi
07-26-2006, 10:35 AM
I personally wouldn`t give themn a menu, but I understand why you would do that.

How long does it take you? PC only?

PC only full detail for a car in good (not average) would be around $160-$185. You will have to adjust from there depending upon what is done and how dirty the car is.

Thomas Dekany
07-26-2006, 10:39 AM
I know Virginia is different from Iowa. Your price has to be somewhat around what the going rate is where you live. If you can do all that in 4 hours, that is $30.00 an hour. Is that good enough for you? I`d charge more for larger cars. I assume that these cars are mid sized?

INTERIOR: You have to see what the inside looks like before you give a final price.

If you are not removing swirls exterior prices should depend on the size of the vehicle and how many cleaning steps you need to do.

I hate to break down services. I always try to sell full details. But that is just me.

EBPcivicsi
07-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I hate to break down services. I always try to sell full details. But that is just me.

No doubt, to me it`s like going to a Dr., having him diagnose you, then telling him which treatments your are going to receieve. Why go to the Dr. in the first place?

Guy
07-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I probably spend an average of 10 hours on a car, and I get at least 75% or more of the swirls out with 3M polish and swirlbuster. Most of these people so far are happy if their car is shiney and clean, I doubt most of them even know what a swirlmark is. However as the word gets around the quality of the cars are going up.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/GuyB_2006/HondaStang/

These are a few of the cars I`ve done so far. The Accord was an 88 and I thought it was a light gray the paint was so bad and dirty. I spent 15 hours on this car. The other was a 98 Stang GT that was loaded with swirls and scratches and I spent 12 hours on this one.

EBPcivicsi
07-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I would focus on trying to get faster without sacrificing your standards.

10 hours = $400 to me....

Deviant
07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
I probably spend an average of 10 hours on a car, and I get at least 75% or more of the swirls out with 3M polish and swirlbuster. Most of these people so far are happy if their car is shiney and clean, I doubt most of them even know what a swirlmark is. However as the word gets around the quality of the cars are going up.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/GuyB_2006/HondaStang/

These are a few of the cars I`ve done so far. The Accord was an 88 and I thought it was a light gray the paint was so bad and dirty. I spent 15 hours on this car. The other was a 98 Stang GT that was loaded with swirls and scratches and I spent 12 hours on this one.

That`s about the same timeframe it took me for my first 3 details...

Though to answer your question you should charge accordingly in your area. So far I`ve just been charging a flat $170 for interior and exterior. Well below the going rate in my area, but I probably take a lot longer then detail shops do (though they don`t give the customers a flawless finish)

imported_Denzil
07-27-2006, 02:41 AM
Personally, I charge $100 as a basis for exterior details and vary it depending on how bad the car is. The same goes for the interior. It really just varies from car to car.

Five Star
07-27-2006, 03:28 AM
I only do full details, set aside 2 days for wash/wax, work 7 days a week

I`m adding bumper repair and refinishing and spot blending (picking up my paint toners in a week) and scratch removal and rock chip repairs.

So i guess I`ll be working 8 days a week

jequirk
07-27-2006, 03:45 AM
I have 2 exterior packages:

$300 for a 4dr midsize car = 8 hours

$500 for a concourse detail inwhich we apply 10 coats of zaino takes 2 days= 16 hours

I dont due washes unless its been zainoed already, then I charge 100 to ultra fine clay bar and 1 coat of z-5, z-6, then z-2, z-6, z-8, z-2, z-6, z-8.

Exterior:

$100 buckets depending

So far I been doing about 2 or 3 a week

Good luck!

Defnitley agree with ebpcivicsi, maken that money man!!! Only way to due it!