PDA

View Full Version : Best car wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ndtechie05
07-26-2006, 03:59 AM
hey guys im looking for a good car wash. i used to use z7 but my stash ran out. i could go with that again as i use all the Zaino polish products. i noticed that a detailing site is having a sale this week and i was going to stock up. seeing as the search feature is throwing me back errors right now i figured id ask. so far i have looked at the Poorboys and also the Pinnacle and Wolfgang Auth Bathe`s. I use a wool mitt to apply. What would you guys recommend. Also I need some rinseless wash for when I`m at college. How does PoorBoy`s sound on this one? Thanks

-Brett

Pennypacker
07-26-2006, 05:46 AM
My 3 favorites are:

Griot`s

Jeff`s Werkstatt

1Z Perls (if you don`t care about suds)

I don`t believe PB has a rinseless wash. They have Spray and Wipe, which is a QD known for its cleaning ability. The only rinseless washes I know of are Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine, DP Four-in-One, and QEW. I`ve only tried Optimum and couldn`t be without it. Great product!

Wasatch
07-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Really like Tropi-Cares and FK1 118.

TigerMike
07-26-2006, 07:04 AM
If you are used to using Zaino`s Z7, find some Duragloss 901 Car Wash Concentrate locally. I think you will certainly find their performance is very comparable. I use 901 exclusively...

HilfigerCelica
07-26-2006, 09:17 AM
If you need something locally, give Meguiar`s NXT a try. It`ll sud up like crazy and is super slick.

DigiDan
07-26-2006, 09:19 AM
I use Meguiar`s Gold Class in my foam gun. LOTS of suds, super lubricity, and it smells awesome.

Be on watch - I was able to pickup 128oz jug at Target for like $10+change....cheaper than some auto parts stores.

titsataki
07-26-2006, 09:19 AM
I was in the same situation so I have ordered a gallon of the Duragloss. I will let you guys know how it performs.

Cheers

Nick

PS: I have tried a dozen places in southern CT and none of them is carrying Duragloss products. So I was forced to buy it on line from Duragloss itself. So I am now wating... :)

awahl63
07-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I really like my Chemical Guys Maximum Suds II

ndtechie05
07-26-2006, 09:52 AM
I have a bottle of GC I used last week. Not really a fan. Being from the northeast as well, im in PA, Duragloss is no place to be found. If I wanted to I could take the 45min drive to get the Z-7 but I`m feeling lazy :2thumbs:

Geese1
07-26-2006, 09:52 AM
TOL`s Bubble Bath is really good. Although it isn`t the strongest wash out there, it also won`t strip your LSP, and it works fantastically in a foam gun.

It`s also pretty inexpensive, so you won`t break the bank using it.

imported_rydawg
07-26-2006, 11:05 AM
My new favorite soap is fk1 wash and wax. It washes great and has alot of slickness. The gloss and protection that is leaves behind is mind blowing. This stuff beads better on my winshield than rain-x. I just ordered a gallon and I can`t wait to wash my whole car lot!

TGates
07-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I would have to say NXT for something similar to Z7. It cleans well, is extra slick, leaves very minimal water spotting, and smells great. It`s one of my favorites. I haven`t tried it in my foam gun yet, though.

ashsarna
07-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Another one for Duragloss #901 shampoo.

I have also the Megs GC and Pinnacle. Both are really good, but DG gets the edge for added slickness.

Accumulator
07-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Griot`s for me. Great lubricity and it seems very mild on my LSPs.

The Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo is mighty tough on LSPs and the Meg`s GC simply didn`t impress me (not enough lubricity). Before I switched to Griot`s I used Meg`s #62 more often than not.

Z K
07-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Anyone use the P21S bodywork shampoo?