PDA

View Full Version : very fine dust & dirt after wash+clay+wax

lp2137
07-26-2006, 03:32 AM
hey guys

i washed, clayed and waxed my car on sunday morning and i was taking a very close look at it today and i noted very fine dust it seemed like (it went away when i wiped my hand through it), tiny white particles and alot of the paint felt like it had very small particles of dirt.

i was trying to take pics to show you guys but if you look directly at it you can`t see anything but if you look at an angle you can notice this on the hood, roof, one side of the car and trunk lid.

i have to admit that i didnt clay as long as i should have but in my defense i was under the clock :o i was thinking to re-do everything. wash+clay+wax.

whats your verdict? stressing out about dust or should i redo the job?

ADauphin
07-26-2006, 05:24 AM
Were you under any trees? I know here in VA when the pollen count is high dust is almost immediate. Or could be dust from the wax...maybe old wax that had dried on the applicator or MF towel. What did you use to apply/remove the wax?

BobD
07-26-2006, 06:57 AM
If you did it outside I am guessing just dust in the air or dust from buffinf the wax off.

If you did it in the garage my guess is just the wax residue.

lp2137
07-26-2006, 05:29 PM
gmcman - I wasn`t under any trees and I used a MF applicator pad to apply the wax and an MF towel to wipe it off.

Danase - Yeah I did it outside.

What about the dirt feeling on the paint?

Accumulator
07-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I`m confused :confused: Is the dust/stuff under the wax or on top of it?

I washed/sealed the S8 last week (in my shop) and pulled it into the non-shop garage. A day later it had a little dust on it, just the way it goes. Even *in* the shop some dust will settle on things if I leave `em there long enough.

Otravez
07-26-2006, 07:22 PM
I say wash it again and see what you have. I have a feeling that it`s just fallout. If it still feels rough after washing and drying I`d say clay a fender or quarter panel, instead of the whole car, to see if that helps any. If it does, you know what you gotta do.