PDA

View Full Version : claying now ok??

matrix_808
07-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Im waiting to get my menzerna set from a local dealer, but it isnt coming in until next week. I was going to do the works wash, clay, polish, glaze, seal, wax, but i was wondering if it was ok to clay this week (to save time off my next weeks work), top it off with something just to protect the paint until next weekend when i can start the polishing with my menzerna IP and FPII.

Is this ok or should I just wait to clay the car and do the IP and FPII right after, but if it is ok what should I put on to protect it for the week. List of stuff i have:

AIO

SG

Trade Secret

ex-p with carnuba

we have an expected hurricane hitting the islands this weekend so maybe some heavy rains, idk if that matters in picking something.

awahl63
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I think you should just wait the week because all that stuff you`ll put on will go to waste. Or you could just clay and put on some Trade Secret and wait til next week. It`s all up to you :2thumbs:

matrix_808
07-26-2006, 11:34 AM
im not worried TOO much about waste, i was just wondering if i clay now and top it off, will this affect my overall appearance when i finally finish next week. i know how everyone says its all in preparation, does waiting a week after i clay affect the preparation??

gbogh3
07-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Is the car garaged? Or do you drive it everyday? Typically when you clay a car you have stripped all the wax off, then you clay it. You knock off all contaminants when you clay it.

If you are going to clay it, then garage it, I don`t see a problem and actually did the same thin over a few days with my car.

FYI, if you do drive the car and it gets bird crap, sap, tree drippings etc... could cause a lot of problems and stain the paint.