PDA

View Full Version : Qd Proplem!??

maxi
07-25-2006, 11:55 PM
HI ALL MEMBER

why use qd?? its important ?! its for proffesional ?? safe in paint ?!

what advantages and disadvanteges QD?!

IN my little experince when i was used MG LAST TOUCH AND PINNACLE CRYSTAIL MIST

i saw many good and bad results .

when i finished work in my car 2500 sanding+ compund +machine glaze +pure glaze + pinnacle souvrean =aftar all this steps the paint its very clean no swirl no haze very shimmer and clarlity but when i use pinnacle crestal mist x2over the souveran isaw some old swirl come again ???why ?? and make som damege in paint in small area like balls broken like old dropbird .....i used last touch mg its same result implify the old scratch ??? why use qd !!!for bright shine and mooore gloss show car shine!!!

and forget its safe in paint or not .

i love qd but i search for very equal product .??

:welcome

BobD
07-26-2006, 06:50 AM
HI ALL MEMBER

why use qd?? its important ?! its for proffesional ?? safe in paint ?!

what advantages and disadvanteges QD?!

IN my little experince when i was used MG LAST TOUCH AND PINNACLE CRYSTAIL MIST

i saw many good and bad results .

when i finished work in my car 2500 sanding+ compund +machine glaze +pure glaze + pinnacle souvrean =aftar all this steps the paint its very clean no swirl no haze very shimmer and clarlity but when i use pinnacle crestal mist x2over the souveran isaw some old swirl come again ???why ?? and make som damege in paint in small area like balls broken like old dropbird .....i used last touch mg its same result implify the old scratch ??? why use qd !!!for bright shine and mooore gloss show car shine!!!

and forget its safe in paint or not .

i love qd but i search for very equal product .??

:welcome

I`ll try and address as much as possible.

Why use a QD?

There are many reasons. Here are some.

-If your car is just lightly dusty you use a QD so you don`t have to do a full wash on your vehicle. Sometimes you can`t do a full wash, like if you wash the car and drive 2 hours to a show you will want to QD the car when you get there.

-Use it right after you wash and dry so any left over water on the paint won`t leave water marks.

-Use is as a good clay lubricant.

-Some add a little extra life and a little extra pop to the LSP already on the car.

--------------

Everyone from the do-it yoursefer to the professional use QD`s. It is safe for the paint when used the right way. Don`t use it to get off caked on mud.

-----------

If you saw swirls come back this could be caused by a few things. Maybe the towel you are using is not clean or soft enough? Maybe the glaze you used was removed by the QD? I would guess it would be one of the two reasons.

Big Leegr
07-26-2006, 09:05 AM
QD shouldn`t cause swirling. Something caught on the paint and dragged while QD`ing might cause swirls, or maybe like what Danase said.

I use QD`s to clean up water spots and remove bird droppings. Depending on which one you use, you might get a boost in gloss, shine, or even beading.

My experience with Crystal Mist is that it`s a better booster than a QD. I don`t think it should be used on a dusty surface. Only after washes. Others have had different results, but these are mine.

awahl63
07-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Was your car dusty...I will not QD my car unless it is almost perfectly clean