PDA

View Full Version : Zaino followed by Carnauba wax?

kocsis
07-25-2006, 05:33 PM
I just finished the full Zaino treatment (started with clay, finished with Z-2 Pro) on a new car and was just told by a friend that a final carnauba wax would add to the depth of the shine. Is it ok/advisable to do that? Or should Zaino stand by itself?

ret
07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I just finished ,the full Zaino treatment (started with clay, finished with Z-2 Pro) on a new car and was just told by a friend that a final carnauba wax would add to the depth of the shine. Is it ok/advisable to do that? Or should Zaino stand by itself?

It`s ok...and may or may not add contrast to the depth of the finish...it probably won`t "shine" any "better".

*Note

You won`t want to top wax with Zaino, so do top with Carnauba wax you should remove it if you decide to add more coats of Z-2 or Z-5.

ret

Beason
07-25-2006, 06:02 PM
you can top it but you will lose some of the durabilty of Zaino and if you decide to add another layer of Zaino your going to have to remove the wax.

jmsc
07-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Just curious. Which carnauba wax are you planning on using over Z?

jequirk
07-26-2006, 01:03 AM
I wouldnt due such a thing, One of the major Benies with Zaino is how long it lasts. This is due to using the zaino car wash with UV blockers and the z-6 which you will be able to reapply. Now if by the slim chance you are using PINN then role on buddy, but this is mainly for shows, Not for everyday driver....

Hope this helps...

Good Luck!!!