PDA

View Full Version : Aggrivating

Glowin97x
07-24-2006, 09:23 PM
ARGH! Well Despite buying a bunch of detailing products and stuff ($200), using the two bucket method, and using microfiber towels I still have swirl marks. I just cant wash the car without getting them. I mean its a silver car so i covers them somewhat, but I know they are there. It`s almost like i should just send it to the swirl o matic and save myself all the grief. BAH!

dmxsoulja3
07-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Never going to be perfect..I hope in that 200 bucks you bought a PC to make it easy to remove them so you don`t have to sweat it?

awahl63
07-24-2006, 10:45 PM
What car do you have and what washmitt are you using?

dmxsoulja3
07-24-2006, 10:51 PM
I too am frustrated with my new 07 honda.. I have hand washed it one time with a microfiber sponge and besides the dealership installed swirls I either swirled it more, or touchless spray car washs that I have ran through have swirled it more.. Any reason why a touchless jet car wash would swirl the paint, and no not the ones where you got people manning them, just like a pull in robot arm kinda deal, or do you think it was more the one hand wash? I finally got some polish on the way to pull them out but I frequent the touchless washes to keep up inbetween actually being able to wash it because I live in an apartment.

imported_themightytimmah
07-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Glaze is your friend in this case. An occasional coat of RMG or VM will really save your sanity :).

Bigpoppa3346
07-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Glaze is your friend in this case. An occasional coat of RMG or VM will really save your sanity :).

Yeah, even with proper tools and technique(MF, 2 bucket method) I still get swirls on my mother`s Black 06` BMW X3(softest paint ever). Without glazes/fillers I would be going crazy. It`s an easy fix to the problem and it is a lot less time consuming than polishing out all of the swirls. Also, get a PC, you wont regret it!

Glowin97x
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
I tried to get a PC on ebay. No dice. 200 is in TOTAL stuff microfibers, products, two wash mitts (wool and chanelle both meguiars) etc. It might be a little high of a figure but probably not much. The car is a 2004 Silver Ford Mustang. I am the 2nd owner. I think some glaze will help save my mental state. I just needed to vent a little. Thanks!

imported_Picus
07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I gave up trying to touch the paint on my car without creating the occassional marring a long time ago. As mentioned, glazes like VM, RMG, Megs #7, One Grand, etc... = your friend.