PDA

View Full Version : Any point in applying another coat of carnuba in this app?

AuAltima3.5
07-24-2006, 09:08 PM
I just put on a coat of p21s carnuba about one month on a G35. Washed once since then. Garaged.

Anyone see use in applying aother coat of carnuba? Would I be wasting my time?

velobard
07-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey, another layer of wax is ALWAYS a good thing! :woot2:

Seriously though, layering the wax will add depth to the appearance and provide more durability and protection from environmental hazards.

imported_themightytimmah
07-24-2006, 11:48 PM
I`d add another coat every month or so, keeps that "fresh" look and "pop". Espicially on black, I can tell how long it`s been since i`ve waxed mine not by the beading (I`m good for atleast a month or two on that), but rather by how much gloss the finish has.

Accumulator
07-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I`d add another coat too. Consider that even that one wash probably took off a *little* wax, so refreshing now will probably get you back a little ahead of where you were before but maybe not as far ahead as you`d think. I try to stay ahead of the game by refreshing waxes before it really needs to be done.

imported_avdiscolo
07-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I`d add another coat too. Consider that even that one wash probably took off a *little* wax, so refreshing now will probably get you back a little ahead of where you were before but maybe not as far ahead as you`d think. I try to stay ahead of the game by refreshing waxes before it really needs to be done.

I also had one month-old coat of P21s on my speed yellow 911 and added another coat this weekend. I had about 3-4 washings in the past month. I was very happy with the results.

How many coats can be added like this (say each month) before I have to worry about wax buildup?