PDA

View Full Version : PoorBoys EX-P

Taubs
07-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Have just tried some PoorBoys EX-P after my fairly unsatisfying experience with KSG. Must just say that for shine, the EX-P beats KSG hands down.. Will have to see about the durability though.

Having purchased the EX-P, what is the difference between that and the straightforward EX?

Can`t find an EXplanation anywhere :-)

imported_smprince1
07-24-2006, 02:29 PM
EX-P is a pure sealant with no carnauba.

EX contains carnauba.

Go to www.poorboysworld.com for explanation of PB`s products.

Envious Eric
07-24-2006, 02:36 PM
I was told that EX was a 2-3 month durability, while ex-p has about 4-5 months due to it not having canauba

Taubs
07-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Ahaa

Thanks..

Now. Second question :)

Can it be layered in the same way as KSG?

Or is it recommended to top it with something like P21?

Thanks

scooterguitar
07-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, you can layer either one of them. 2-3 coats is usually good then top with a caranuba, or top whenever your done layering.

The suggested durability rankings are usually off too. The one sposted above seem too long in reality. I`d say 1-2 and 2-3 months, might get more but I wouldn`t expect anymore than that.

bjackson8
07-24-2006, 03:24 PM
I was told that EX was a 2-3 month durability, while ex-p has about 4-5 months due to it not having canauba

I would doubt 4 to 5 months on EX-P. I think you can get 2 months pretty easily, maybe 3.

EX-P is so easy to use, it really doesn`t take all that long to apply another coat. I can do my Accord in about 20 minutes.

imported_Surfer
07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I have two coats of EX-P and two coats of Natty`s Blue on my truck going on about 4 months now and still looks almost as good as when I did it back in April. And that`s including all the rain we`ve had down here, and even a trip I was on. Though about a month ago I used some AW to try as a topper. I`m going to strip down and start again, maybe spit shine NB and top with AW again.

imported_smprince1
07-24-2006, 03:28 PM
I get the same durability out of both. If I use AIO as a base coat, I can get 3-4 months out of EX or EX-P. If you add a spray topper (e.g. OCW) maybe can even extend further.

Of course, this is so variable and dependant on so many factors I wouldn`t "expect" anything.

Your results may and will vary. Mine always do.

racingbeat
07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
i`m on my 4th month of EXP. I top weekly with FK 425 and monthly with Pink Wax. Paint still beads 100%. Doubt it will fail within the next few weeks so six months with constant attention is not inconceivable. I`m also inclined to believe that the EXP will allow 425, Aqua Wax and others to last much longer. But that could be all in my head.

I think EXP can be used in the sun, and products containing Carnauba like EX should not.

scooterguitar
07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Adding layers weekly or monthly does extend the protection. But say if you did two coats of EXP and two coats of NB back to back over a few days and let it go with only routine washing an dminimal elements I would think three months tops.

How are guys judging when it starts to fail? I judge by how the rinse water reacts after a wash. I am leaning more and more to it really doesn`t matter what we use to protect as most of us here are continually trying different stuff. I don`t think all summer my car has had the same product on for over two weeks, usually I strip every week and try a new combo. Lately I have just been using a glaze and nuba with nothing else. I imagine when the Ohio Winter is approaching I will layer up some sealer heavily and le tit go, then I`ll really see how durable it all is!

Z K
07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I have EX and for me the stuff only lasts 3 weeks with regular weekly washings on my daily driver. EX-P is longer but for my use probably only last 4-5 weeks. All the Poorboy products are okay to use in the sun.

racingbeat
07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
how do you know when EXP has quit? do you top with anything else?

Even if it only last 4-6 weeks that`s allot if you are that rare autopian that leaves

it as is once the sealant is on.

Migraine
07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I`ve been using EX-P for a while. Great product.

I`ve only just bought a PC, and I used it with some EX-P tonight - Sonus Blue (finishing) pad and speed 2... fantastic result - it far far surpasses a hand application. :getdown

Z K
07-24-2006, 05:30 PM
how do you know when EXP has quit? do you top with anything else?

Even if it only last 4-6 weeks that`s allot if you are that rare autopian that leaves

it as is once the sealant is on.

It loses its gloss and the surface doesn`t feel as slick. I used EX-P on my parent`s Camry that gets parked outside 24/7 and driven 90+ miles every day. In my area, cars that get parked outside get covered in this black soot-looking stuff every day.

It lasted about as long. I test durability of stuff on that car as I know it gets abused. It was washed maybe once a month at most. They wash it when it looks like the car is a different color. :lol

Scottwax
07-24-2006, 05:31 PM
I get the same durability out of both. If I use AIO as a base coat, I can get 3-4 months out of EX or EX-P. If you add a spray topper (e.g. OCW) maybe can even extend further.

Of course, this is so variable and dependant on so many factors I wouldn`t "expect" anything.

Your results may and will vary. Mine always do.

Same here, in fact, if anything, EX seems a bit more durable than EX-P.

racingbeat-EX w/carnauba is fine in the sun. I have used it on several black cars in the full sun on 100 degree days this summer (and last) with absolutely no problems. Application and removal is a breeze and dusting is very minor.