PDA

View Full Version : Good Spray & Wipe

Darren F
07-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Looking for a good Spray & Wipe wax or sealant...Want one that is easy to use, no buffing, that will protect and add to the gloss...Any suggestions?

imported_themightytimmah
07-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Duragloss Aquawax is unparalled on light colors, its a toss up between that and OCW on darks. The O has more depth, but AW has a brighter shine.

Darren F
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I have a black car...What is OCW?

imported_themightytimmah
07-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Optimum Car Wax

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumwax.html

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Optimum Car Wax is the only spray car wax that provides the durability of a paste wax and long-lasting UV protection. A combination of high-grade Carnauba wax, sealant polymers and UV inhibitors forms a protective layer on the painted surface to protect the paint from sun damage and environmental elements for up to 5 months.

They actually don`t lie too bad in the description either, I`ve seen several months of durability on an outdoor car, and 5 months on a garage queen is quite believable.

Darren F
07-24-2006, 12:29 PM
how does it compare to Acrylic Jett Trigger? Is it the same kind of product?

TigerMike
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I`d take Aquawax hands down over OCW. Love the AW!

racingbeat
07-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I use the AquaWax + 425 combination.

If you want more protection FK FX100 is equal parts glaze and sealant a sealing glaze as they call it. I might top that over the Aqua Wax. And of course 425 is like champagne, goes well with everything.

Wasatch
07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
AJT is a sealant/LSP. AG is a very nice QD type product which will enhance the AJT in between washes or after a wash, or you could you QW as your QD. FK1s 425 or 146 are nice as well.

Darren F
07-24-2006, 02:53 PM
What is AG and QW? I already use FK1-425 as my QD, but I am looking for something to keep up the protection and gloss in between coats of wax and sealant

racingbeat
07-24-2006, 03:24 PM
those are Jeff Werkstatt products. I use his Acrylic Jett Trigger (AJT), a sprayable sealant.

Haven`t tried their Acrylic Gloss(AG) yet.

The Aqua Wax not only keeps up the gloss but I think is actually more reflective than

my base wax (Pink Wax). As far as protection that`s the sealants job. Acrylic sealants

like EXP and AJT last much more than a month. You`re paint is plenty protected.

If you want a long lasting spray wax after a wash the Optimum Car wax/425 combination will

work very well and last very long.

Darren F
07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
So im thinking of doing Prime Acrylic, then topping it with Acrylic Jett Trigger, then the OCW after washes with the FK1-425 as my QD

racingbeat
07-24-2006, 04:07 PM
that`s pretty much what I will be doing but I add 425 every time I use my spray wax.

I left the spray wax bare a few times and its no contest the 425 over the spray wax keeps the car cleaner, slicker, longer. I did AJT, 425 on my wheels Saturday and they still look good after driving

almost 100 miles.

for quick detailing I use FK 146 if there is dust/pollen/bird bombs/water spots. It has the same antistatic ingredients as 425 but with more cleaning bite.

I`ll be testing OCW once my Aqua Wax runs out. hopefully it gets along with the FK sprays as well

as AW did. The Aqua Wax shine is the best I`ve tried on silver so far, not an easy color to get a pop out of.

imported_mburnickas
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
those are Jeff Werkstatt products. I use his Acrylic Jett Trigger (AJT), a sprayable sealant.

Haven`t tried their Acrylic Gloss(AG) yet.

The Aqua Wax not only keeps up the gloss but I think is actually more reflective than

my base wax (Pink Wax). As far as protection that`s the sealants job. Acrylic sealants

like EXP and AJT last much more than a month. You`re paint is plenty protected.

If you want a long lasting spray wax after a wash the Optimum Car wax/425 combination will

work very well and last very long.

Get the AG..It is great! You do not use much....like all his items!

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4194/july8001mq6.jpg

:getdown :getdown :getdown :getdown