PDA

View Full Version : car-detailing noob!

1slowevo
07-24-2006, 02:45 AM
well first off i`d like to say hi to the autopian people here. ive been lurking threads every once in awhile and ive decided to register and ask for product suggestions.

well im not really TOO Crazy into detailing but i love making my car shine and look new than "off the showroom" new.

i own a white car with carbon fiber accents and i had a couple of questions:

1.) what is a good way to get rid of water spots on windows? they havent been on there for too long and from what ive heard, vinegar would be a good solution. i use stoners glass cleaner regularly and it does wonders

2.) what steps should i take after a wash for a good shine? i dont own a porter cable (dont need one right now, no major swirling/marring yet) and for now i just need product suggestions that can be done by hand: a good polish? a good sealant? and a good wax?

3.) is the california blade worth the buy? i can get one cheap at my local pep boys. seems like a good way to dry a car fast (since i live in sunny cali).

4.) my carbon fiber parts "yellow" from being in the sun for so long. is there any way to prevent/restore this problem? hopefully its not too late..

any questions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Wasatch
07-24-2006, 08:42 AM
For water spots try one of those glass polishes. Some good products for after a wash would be the Werkstatt twins (Prime, AJ), for a wax topper maybe FK1 Pink Wax, ClearKote CMW, or Collinite 845. Never used the CA blade, I use WW towels, they do a great job.