PDA

View Full Version : Need to hide some fine mico marring

Josh79
07-23-2006, 01:56 PM
my 95 deep forest green mustang has minor micro-marring scratches. They are not swirls they look like like spider webs kind of. I dont think i will be able to get pics of it(and i havent been able to find any pics of other cars yet but i am looking) but they are light. You can really notice them when you look at an angle under lights etc. I do plan on getting a pc in the future but money is tight right now and i want to get a good product that "hides" minor scratches with fillers (glazes/polishes??) for the time being. I need something that can be applied by hand obviously. I will probably top it with p21s wax (i also have klasse aio and sg)as i have some of it already. Thanks guys

wytstang
07-23-2006, 01:59 PM
I use VM (Clearkote Vanilla Moose hand glaze) works great for hiding, but I use tries RMG (Red Machine Glaze [Clearkote]) and it works awesome as well. Here my GT wearing VM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Picture027.jpg

TGates
07-23-2006, 02:12 PM
I would recommend NXT paste wax. It hides *minor* marring and looks great. I really like it, but some don`t care for it.

z400
07-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Any of the poorboys polishes/waxes have hiding in them.

I find that Poorboys Natty`s Blue past wax has some great hiding ability!

awahl63
07-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Meguiars ColorX

Mike-in-WV
07-24-2006, 08:30 AM
my 95 deep forest green mustang has minor micro-marring scratches. They are not swirls they look like like spider webs kind of. I dont think i will be able to get pics of it(and i havent been able to find any pics of other cars yet but i am looking) but they are light. You can really notice them when you look at an angle under lights etc. I do plan on getting a pc in the future but money is tight right now and i want to get a good product that "hides" minor scratches with fillers (glazes/polishes??) for the time being. I need something that can be applied by hand obviously. I will probably top it with p21s wax (i also have klasse aio and sg)as i have some of it already. Thanks guys

Use cotton and forget the Micro stuff.

Josh79
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I am thinking of trying one grand omega glaze. I may try colorx or something else also. Keep the suggestions coming

Wasatch
07-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I would also agree on the VM. I could have sworn Prime did a pretty good job as well.

Accumulator
07-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Use cotton and forget the Micro stuff.

Better be careful when choosing the cotton. I for one have switched completely to MF and it`s working fine, even with glazes that are supposedly easier to work with cotton. I`ve had too many unpleasant surprises with cotton that I didn`t think would mar and it sounds like more micromarring is not what Josh79 would want to have happen.

IMO the Omega oughta work great, though I haven`t tried it myself. The Meg`s Pure Polishes (#3/#5/#7/#81/Deep Crystal #2) work OK and the 1z polishes do some concealing too. Top whatever you use with a heavy carnauba like Blitz (keep it off trim) or Collinite. I sure wouldn`t use the Klasse twins unless you get the marring out, and IMO the P21S doesn`t hide stuff as well as some other "heavier" waxes.

Chan
07-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Omega is supposed to be the heaviest glaze out there, from what I hear its not exactly userfriendly like RMG or VM. Its supposed to be more like #80 with a steeper learning curve. I`m still thinking about trying it and Blitz wax though.

chevyguy28
07-24-2006, 02:41 PM
You might try Prima Amigo from Detailer`s Paradise. It is a polymer based glaze so it has a bit more longevity, and from my testing, it fills in minor imperfections pretty well.

I couldn`t tell you how it looks aesthetically compared to Meguiars, Clearkote, etc. However, I think some of Meguiar`s oily products do look very good.

- Justin