PDA

View Full Version : Anyone detail a Toyota Arctic White colored vehicle?

chris03tl
07-23-2006, 10:28 AM
My parents have an Arctic White Solara convertible, and I was thinking of detailing it when they come up next month.

Just wondering if there were any do`s and dont`s to this color. Its a really nice pearlcoat color, but Im wondering if there are special products and procedures because of the pearlcoat (the kind that looks white straight on, but different shimmering shades of blue, purple, and green depending on the angle).

Because its a nice color in itself, I was planning on AIO to clean it up, and either UPP or FK1 2180 as the last step. I wanted to clay it as well, but Im not sure if thats going to cause issues with the pearlcoat.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Pats300zx
07-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Chris,

I have an Arctic White Toyota 4Runner. Its a great color. I wouldn`t worry about claying it. I would highly recommend it. Mine had a ton of rail dust from the dealership when we picked it up.

I have used AIO/EX-P/Nattys on it with great results.

Bigpoppa3346
07-23-2006, 10:35 AM
No, you can clay any color car and it won`t have any adverse effects on the color. Keep in mind the pearl is most likely in the colorcoat it self and not the clear, so you would have to go through the clear to do anything to the pearl. Let us know how it turns out.

chris03tl
07-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the advice!

Im going to stay away from polishing it (if the pearl really is in the clear I dont want to risk it). But the car is driven very little so claying, AIO and UPP should do the trick. Hopefully I can get some pics while they are up here (it really is a nice color, and they were able to find one that was a fairly unique car that had the white exterior but a black top and black interior, instead of the normal tan).

For that matter maybe I can get some pics of my car :) FK1 products worked out very well. I actually want to go outside just to add layers of something!

-Chris