PDA

View Full Version : PB Spray and Rinse

Pages : [1] 2

RogueM3
07-23-2006, 10:07 AM
First and foremost, I am a big fan of this product, but not the packaging. I order mine through AutoGeek, and have yet to get an appropriately sized sprayer for the bottles I am purchasing. (32oz) The sprayer is always too long to fit down into the bottle and then screw on.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I purchased a Wal-Mart "industrial cleaning" spray bottle and it worked for a little, but I feel as if the chemical in spray and rinse have somehow clogged/degraded the sprayer, so it no longer works. I then attempted to use an empty Sonus spray bottle I had lying around, and it did the same thing: worked for a little, and then stopped after doing 1 detail.

Any advice or experiences with this would be great.

Thanks. :sadwavey:

Fallz
07-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Sprayer`s are ususally a little longer , you should be able to put the sprayer in and just push it down and screw on the cap. that`s what I do , work`s ok. PB product`s saves some money on packaging ,but it also reflect`s on very cheap sprayer`s. product`s are good stuff though.

are you talking about spray & wipe or the wheel cleaner ?

Sherman8r44
07-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah man, if you shove the sprayer down you should be able to wedge the bottom in a corner and bend the straw so that it can screw on.

RogueM3
07-23-2006, 10:41 AM
are you talking about spray & wipe or the wheel cleaner ?

The wheel cleaner.

Ill try to shove it down into a corner, but the last time I tried that I feel like it placed too severe of a crease in the sprayer-tube so that it wouldnt work properly... :(

imported_steveo3002
07-23-2006, 10:44 AM
hey...you can always snip the end off the tube!!

megsuiars sell chemical resistant spray heads for cheap

chml17l
07-23-2006, 10:45 AM
The PB S&R is a strongly acidic cleaner. If you aren`t diluting the concentrate, then I`m not suprised that you are having troubles going thru spray bottles. Even if you are diluting, you need a specific acid-resistant polyethylene bottle with viton o-ring seals to help slow down the acid from attacking the seals.

Also, please be careful spraying the S&R due to the HF acid content. You never want to get any of it into your lungs or on your skin or into your eyes.

cwcad
07-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I always take the sprayer out of the bottle and rinse it after every apllication. I never leave the sprayer in the bottle after use. It will extend the working life of the sprayer if this is done.

gmblack3
07-23-2006, 10:53 AM
I have another bottle that I fill with water and rinse the sprayer with.

Shelbrain
07-23-2006, 08:36 PM
I ordered some chemical sprayers from usplastics.com. That solved the problem I was having with the sprayers getting clogged. By the way, you should change the topic to Spray n` Rinse so as not to get others confused that you are really talking about the wheel cleaner as the previous poster mentioned.

RogueM3
07-23-2006, 08:41 PM
By the way, you should change the topic to Spray n` Rinse so as not to get others confused that you are really talking about the wheel cleaner as the previous poster mentioned.

The title is Spray and Rinse. :nixweiss I would think on a site like this, Spray and Wipe (the QD/Cleaner) would be easy to tell apart from Spray and Rinse (the wheel cleaner)...maybe im giving you guys to much credit. :doh

GeorgePaul
07-23-2006, 08:52 PM
I ordered some chemical sprayers from usplastics.com. That solved the problem I was having with the sprayers getting clogged.

I`ve also had very good luck with products from US Plastic.

Eliot Ness
07-24-2006, 10:19 PM
I would order the stuff directly from Steve (Poorboys (http://www.poorboysworld.com/spray-rinse.htm) ) and you`ll most likely get the correct sprayer for the bottle you order. He also carries a chemical resistant sprayer that should last a long time, but I would still run some water through it after each use of the S&R.

The sprayers are listed under Accessories (http://www.poorboysworld.com/accessories.htm) on his website.

harry444
07-25-2006, 06:59 PM
I get all my PB stuff from Steve and yes the sprayers are corect from him and he also provides the chemical resistant sprayer for the wheel cleaner

imported_Grouse
07-25-2006, 07:12 PM
The PB S&R is a strongly acidic cleaner. If you aren`t diluting the concentrate, then I`m not suprised that you are having troubles going thru spray bottles. Even if you are diluting, you need a specific acid-resistant polyethylene bottle with viton o-ring seals to help slow down the acid from attacking the seals.

Also, please be careful spraying the S&R due to the HF acid content. You never want to get any of it into your lungs or on your skin or into your eyes.

i thought this was solved a while back.

It`s not HF, it`s ABF.

yes when cut with water a reaction takes place that basically makes HF, that being said in the shipped state it is ABF.

RTexasF
07-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I would order the stuff directly from Steve (Poorboys (http://www.poorboysworld.com/spray-rinse.htm) ) and you`ll most likely get the correct sprayer for the bottle you order. He also carries a chemical resistant sprayer that should last a long time, but I would still run some water through it after each use of the S&R.

The sprayers are listed under Accessories (http://www.poorboysworld.com/accessories.htm) on his website.

I did and had to cut the tube off a little bit for it to work. no big deal, took all of 5 seconds, no worries.