PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PO106FF and RMG Mix

Pages : [1] 2

hot rod
07-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Last weekend I made some great progress with Menzerna IP and the CMA Orange Power pad. I have ordered some PO106FF and RMG and hope the clear the rest of the issues up. The question I have is about 70/30 mix I keep reading about. Are you guys doing this just to control dusting or does the RMG enhance the effectiveness of the PO106FF? The reason I ask is that I plan on following the 106FF/RMG with the Klasse AIO using the CMA Green German pad, so I understand that any of the fillers in the glaze will be removed. Just want to make sure I understand what you guys have obviously had great success with.

Scottwax
07-22-2006, 02:11 AM
Dust control and more depth. 106 has a really clear, bright and wet finish but depth isn`t great. RMG noticably improves 106 in this area to me.

hot rod
07-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Dust control and more depth. 106 has a really clear, bright and wet finish but depth isn`t great. RMG noticably improves 106 in this area to me.

Will I be removing that depth from the RMG when I follow up with the K-AIO? I am looking forward to less dust. Last weekends IP adventure was very dusty. But I was very happy with the turn out.

Scottwax
07-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Why are you following with AIO?

I think you`d be removing at least some of the depth with AIO.

hot rod
07-22-2006, 02:28 AM
I wanted to finish with FMJ and was under the impression that the RMG may cause issues with the FMJ bonding. I hope I am wrong, that`s why I want someone to set me straight. I need a good ole` schooling on this. :)

apotelyt
07-22-2006, 02:35 AM
I wanted to finish with FMJ and was under the impression that the RMG may cause issues with the FMJ bonding. I hope I am wrong, that`s why I want someone to set me straight. I need a good ole` schooling on this. :)

i too have the same question on the 106FF/RMG mix. I`m looking to use a polymer/acrylic sealant. Will the RMG mix affect the bonding properties of the polymer/acrylic sealant?

stilez
07-22-2006, 12:54 PM
I agree with all of Scott`s comments thus far as they`ve been my findings, too.

Regarding the FMJ bonding, think about it like this:

RMG isn`t loaded with silicone-oils. You can just tell by matching it with other oily glazes. IMO, it`s more of a gloss/depth enhancer. Furthermore, FTG is used many times before FMJ and is recommended by Menzerna/CMA.

I, honeslty, would not worry a whole lot about the bonding.

gmblack3
07-22-2006, 09:48 PM
It seems to me that adding RMG to 106ff increases the working time of 106ff. I pretty much mix RMG with all of the menzerna polishes I use. The only one I have not tried yet is FPII.

RAG
07-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Why are you following with AIO?

I think you`d be removing at least some of the depth with AIO.

I`m also in agreement with Scott`s aforementioned comments - don`t waste your time with AIO - two reasons. 1) PO106FF will finish down better (leave a better surface) than AIO even though it probably has 3 times the cut! 2) I have never noticed any bonding issues with RMG & FMJ; I`ve tested this using panel by panel comparative testing and have never notived a difference longevity-wise. And besides, the level of RMG left behind is very very minimal with the 70/30 mix.

RAG
07-23-2006, 08:31 AM
It seems to me that adding RMG to 106ff increases the working time of 106ff. I pretty much mix RMG with all of the menzerna polishes I use. The only one I have not tried yet is FPII.

Yeah, there isn`t a huge benefit to adding RMG to FPII, as it already has longer working time and less dust than Menzerna`s other products (via rotary I get virtually zero dust). However, via PC...adding a small amount (10-15%) of RMG for PC does improve the polish slightly, IMO.

gmblack3
07-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, there isn`t a huge benefit to adding RMG to FPII, as it already has longer working time and less dust than Menzerna`s other products (via rotary I get virtually zero dust). However, via PC...adding a small amount (10-15%) of RMG for PC does improve the polish slightly, IMO.

Thanks for the info. :2thumbs:

hot rod
07-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the info guy`s. The only reason I was thinking of the AIO was to prevent any bonding issues with FMJ. The 106ff and RMG should be here this week and plan on giving it a run on Saturday.

Thanks again for all your help

scooterguitar
07-23-2006, 01:00 PM
AIO would remove the RMG.

hot rod
07-23-2006, 01:09 PM
AIO would remove the RMG.

After reading the other posts I am just going from 106FF/RMG straight to FMJ.

rusty
07-24-2006, 09:20 PM
have you guys ever mixed optimun polish with PO106ff to extend usage and cut down dusting ?? i have all the Menzerna products but we dont get RMG in Aus as far as im aware.