PDA

View Full Version : How do I repair this?

ranchan02
07-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi Everyone:

I parked my car on the side street and somebody nicely put a gash on my rear bumper (it looks like a bolt from the license plate holder). I was wondering what would you guys suggest I do to fix this?

imported_themightytimmah
07-21-2006, 11:48 AM
You can touch up the painted section, but you`re gonna have to replace the chrome trim. Look for a good local junkyard, or if necessary EBAY or the dealership to find a replacement piece. For the painted part - use a razor to remove loose paint, primer, paint, clearcoat, sand it level with 2000 grit and buff it out with a rubbing compound.

ranchan02
07-21-2006, 02:31 PM
You can touch up the painted section, but you`re gonna have to replace the chrome trim. Look for a good local junkyard, or if necessary EBAY or the dealership to find a replacement piece. For the painted part - use a razor to remove loose paint, primer, paint, clearcoat, sand it level with 2000 grit and buff it out with a rubbing compound.

Hey Timmah:

Yeah I just got back from the stealership and its like 190 for that piece (ouch!). I think i`ll take the junkyard approach for the chrome piece. Thanks for your advice!