PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Products

gav'spurplez
07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
i`m going to be detailing a black navigator next week.

temps probably going to be in the 80-90 range.

it won`t fit in the garage that i`m using, so what products can be used in sunlight.

i`m going to try and get it early enough so that the sun / body of the truck does not get too hot, but i have to plan for the worst.

suggestions please :2thumbs:

gav'spurplez
07-21-2006, 10:22 PM
bump..................................

natebood
07-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Any of poorboys products and Optimum polishes work well in the sun.

gav'spurplez
07-21-2006, 10:28 PM
just ran out of ssr2.5 :doh

imported_themightytimmah
07-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh man that`s rough :(. You might want to look into getting a big ez-up canopy, I`ve had great luck with Poorboy`s, ClearKote and Optimum LSPs in full sun on black, but polishing is absolutely miserable, even with sun-safe polishes. A good tip would be using CK VM as your final polish, on something that big and black a little bit of filling is a lifesaver. If you can`t get a tent, I`d go OHC/yellow on trouble spots -> SSR2.5/white -> VM/white -> RMG/black -> NB/hand.

gav'spurplez
07-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Oh man that`s rough :(. You might want to look into getting a big ez-up canopy, I`ve had great luck with Poorboy`s, ClearKote and Optimum LSPs in full sun on black, but polishing is absolutely miserable, even with sun-safe polishes. A good tip would be using CK VM as your final polish, on something that big and black a little bit of filling is a lifesaver. If you can`t get a tent, I`d go OHC/yellow on trouble spots -> SSR2.5/white -> VM/white -> RMG/black -> NB/hand.

thanks for the tips / info.

I have VM, CMW, those should help,

i just have a bad feeling if it is swirled, menzerna is not going to be of service :(