PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a PC7336

schmatt
03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
So I finally broke down and bought a PC7336. I have a couple of polishing pads, and some Poorboys SSR1 on the way. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. I was going to take the advice of slowly getting more agressive to fix my oxidation/swirl problem. Plus, this will be the first time I have used a PC. I`ve always done everything by hand. Needless to say, I haven`t done more than apply glazes and waxes. I`m planning on washing and claying the car before going to the PC.

So, I was wondering if the SSR1 works like a glaze, or is it strictly a polish? With all the different products out there, I`m unsure what steps they all cover. I`m wondering if applying VM after the SSR1 will get me anything, or if it`s essentially doing the same thing as the SSR1.

If the SSR1 doesn`t clean up the oxidation I have, I`m just going to apply my wax and start over the following weekend with some SSR2.5. I`ll probably order a cutting pad too, just in case.

CharlesW
03-22-2005, 04:25 PM
So I finally broke down and bought a PC7336. I have a couple of polishing pads, and some Poorboys SSR1 on the way. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. I was going to take the advice of slowly getting more agressive to fix my oxidation/swirl problem. Plus, this will be the first time I have used a PC. I`ve always done everything by hand. Needless to say, I haven`t done more than apply glazes and waxes. I`m planning on washing and claying the car before going to the PC.

So, I was wondering if the SSR1 works like a glaze, or is it strictly a polish? With all the different products out there, I`m unsure what steps they all cover. I`m wondering if applying VM after the SSR1 will get me anything, or if it`s essentially doing the same thing as the SSR1.

If the SSR1 doesn`t clean up the oxidation I have, I`m just going to apply my wax and start over the following weekend with some SSR2.5. I`ll probably order a cutting pad too, just in case.SSR1 is a mild swirl remover/polish that many people feel leaves the paint ready for wax/sealant. I haven`t used it so I can`t comment. IMO, the VM after the SSR1 would be a step you might not need. :dunno

When you start on your oxidation problem, why not just do one section with the SSR1 and see if it is giving you the results you want. If it isn`t, switch to the SSR2.5 where you feel it is needed. It sounds like you might be making yourself some extra work that may not be necessary.

Your call on the cutting pad, but I don`t own one and have never felt the need to own one.

Charles