PDA

View Full Version : New Car Help!

MTC7898
07-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Hello..so i just got a new car last week. i live in south florida and it has been raining for the last 4 days. I washed my car two days ago right before the storms hit. My question to you all is ... is it ok to wash the car more than once a week ?? and is it ok to use ICE detailing spray by turtle wax already even though it has a new car finish?? How good is ICE? My wash next month will consist of a much more in depth detailing. but for now is that good enough ? thank u

Accumulator
07-21-2006, 12:00 PM
MTC7898- Welcome to Autopia!

You can wash as often as you like but:

Study up on how to do it without marring the paint, it`s harder than you might think. And note that every wash will take off a little bit of whatever wax/etc. you have on it.

NO experience with the TW ICE, but you can use anything on the new car; factory paint is OK to wax/etc. by the time you get it (assuming it wasn`t repainted/touched up at the dealer or point of import).

Maybe get some Mother`s or Meguiar`s Cleaner Wax (Mother`s makes a kit with clay, clay lube, and cleaner wax) and do that after you wash. But I`d study up a little before you do anything.