PDA

View Full Version : Were can i buy #80 locally?

Pages : [1] 2

GregCavi
03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone

I set out this morning to find some #80 in my smalltown. I was pretty sure i could order it from napa because they get stuff in the next day for me. Well they didnt have it. They had #66. I am looking for something to clean up hazing from #83. So after that i went to ace hardware, not expecting much. They brought out the magazine and they said stuff like: how bout 26..and they thought any number would do haha. Well after being offered some megs cleaner wax haha .. i left.

SO the question is were can i buy this product locally? I would order it from the sponsers but the parents wont provide the credit card to me becuase "I spend to much" haha.

Thanks

Greg

joyriide1113
03-22-2005, 12:30 PM
a lot of paint and body shop supply stores carry them. most only carry 3m and megs. but they should definately have it. call a couple in your area. the first time i called some to find #83 i lucked out on the second call. the first one only carried 3m.

AUTOMOBILE BODY SHOP EQUIPMENT & SUPPLY try to search under that in any phonebook website.

Bill D
03-22-2005, 12:32 PM
If you call and they don`t carry whatever Megs or 3m product you want they can probably order it for you. I asked my local place about the Megs Detailer line up and they said they can order anything I wanted. Same went for QEW by the gallon at a local RV supplies store. They just need to look it up in the catalog.

GregCavi
03-22-2005, 12:32 PM
a lot of paint and body shop supply stores carry them. most only carry 3m and megs. but they should definately have it. call a couple in your area. the first time i called some to find #83 i lucked out on the second call. the first one only carried 3m.

Would a Car dealership have it? LIke if i went in and talked to there detailers? IS that what you were thinking?

Greg

Scott P
03-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Look in the Yellow Pages under Autobody and Paint Supplies. They might carry it. I highly doubt a dealer`s body shop would have it for sale. They buy it to use, not sell.

GregCavi
03-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Look in the Yellow Pages under Autobody and Paint Supplies. They might carry it. I highly doubt a dealer`s body shop would have it for sale. They buy it to use, not sell.

I have done a few deatils for that dealership so I think I might be able to get some from them. I will hit the body shops today.

Greg

joyriide1113
03-22-2005, 12:41 PM
exactly! just look up a few

paint and body shop supply

in your area and u should definately find some. but call first, it would definately make u`re search quicker

Bill D
03-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I understand several "dealer house brand" compounds and polishes are re labeled Valugard products from autoint.com

Eliot Ness
03-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Have you tried the Meg`s Dealer Locator yet:

http://www.meguiars.com/DealerLocator/DealerLocator_template.cfm

Just change the search to "Professional Products" or it will list every Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

The CarQuest where I get a lot of paint supplies only had #80 in a gallon, but they were able to order a quart and had it in the store the next day.

VSeries
03-22-2005, 01:32 PM
You could do a dealer search on the Meguiars site for that specific product and it should tell you anyone in your area that has it. The site is: http://www.meguiars.com/DealerLocator/DealerLocator_template.cfm

CharlesW
03-22-2005, 03:29 PM
If you have a Meguiar`s dealer close at hand, he should be able to order the product/products you want and have them in a day or two. This can be any auto supply store that carries Meguiar`s.
If your Meguiar`s dealer won`t do this for you, you might want to find another dealer. I did change suppliers simply because they always argued about ordering anything they didn`t have and tried to substitute a different product.

Charles

GregCavi
03-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Well today i hit up all places that could possible have megs in my town. No one had 80. The ford dealer had race glaze which i turned down. I used the megs dealer locater and he didnt have and im waiting for him to call back to see if he can order it. So i guess all i can do is wait.

Greg

truzoom
03-22-2005, 05:36 PM
How about asking one of the online dealers if they do money order? Probably not the fastest way to do things, but you`ll still get the product you need.

GlossyTundra
03-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone

I would order it from the sponsers but the parents wont provide the credit **** to me becuase "I spend to much" haha.

Thanks

Greg

Yah, know, I am having the EXACT same problem. :flamed Parents think I am going to spend all my money on "wax". Gotta love it.

waxon
03-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Are you still looking for the megs #80?