PDA

View Full Version : Newbee - Needs your suggestions

Asiansmile
07-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone, It`s my first time posting here but have been reading a lot since I joined the forum.

Planning on detailing my `02 Silver-Gray Altima (paint in good condition) and I (clueless, please bear with me) need your advice. Car is parked outside 24/7 and a daily driver.

To do`s: Please feel free to correct and suggest the product I should use on each stage. Thank you so much!!!

1) Wash?

2) clay?

3) Polish?

4) sealant/wax?

Next will post another for the interior.

Cassman
07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the forum. I think the reason you have no replies is that you could find all the information you are requesting by doing a search. Just a guess. :nixweiss

mikebai1990
07-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Hm... How should I correct your products if there aren`t any to begin with? :) Anyway, welcome to the club. My detailing supplies are very limited, therefore my perspective is also very limited. For wash, I would recommend Meguiars Gold Class wash. For clay, you can use Clay Magic, Sonus, or Mother`s Clay Kit. They are all pretty good. Polish, I have no experience with.

And sealants/wax, really depends on what you are looking for. For a silver car, it is pretty hard to make it "pop" (look good). I would aim for durability. I would recommend any Collinite product, or Zaino product. Klasse AIO is a very popular base cleaner to prep the paint for toppers like Collinite or Zaino.

You`ll probably get better replies from the more professional detailers.

awahl63
07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Megs Gold Class Wash

Clay Magic Kit

Megs Deep Crystal Polish Stage 2

Megs NXT

That`s my favorite stuff for OTC

GeorgePaul
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
1) Wash? I like any Meguiar`s or Mother`s car wash soap.

2) clay? Again, Meguiar`s or Mother`s

3) Polish? I like Klasse AIO.

4) sealant/wax? Klasse SG (KSG) with AIO

Sherman8r44
07-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums!!

You are not the only one looking for the "best of everything". Hell, I guess we all are looking for the holy grail of car products. What you really need to do is a lot of searching and finding out general opinions on products instead of fishing for answers. Sorry man, but everyone has a different favorite product and you should make your own decisions based on the tremendous amount of reviews out there.

Asiansmile
07-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate all your replies. Kinda scared me a bit coz most members I guess are guys (Err.. I hope this forum is not for GUYS ONLY). Nervous whether someone would even bother answering my stupid questions. But... whew... you did. Will do more searching and taking notes of all your suggestions. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum as well!

-----

Millana

(Manila, Philippines)