PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Detaling spritz....?

Stuff
07-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I have been useing this as my QD spray. The problem that I have been getting is the stuff will not come off. It always leaves some streaking marks. What am I doing wrong? To much product? Im taking it off with the CBT and the final product on top of all the other stuff is p21s. Any ideas?

TGates
07-19-2006, 04:20 PM
How old is your bottle?

Stuff
07-19-2006, 04:42 PM
How old is your bottle?

A month or so. I just checked it was order on 5/17.

imported_memnuts
07-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I believe the Acrylic Spritz, which I have and have used in the past, is intended for a sealant type LSP (i.e. Klasse, Werkstatt Jett, etc.). It appears you are using it over a carnuaba (P21S). I believe Sonus makes a carnuaba spritz that may be better for your present situation.

Stuff
07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I believe the Acrylic Spritz, which I have and have used in the past, is intended for a sealant type LSP (i.e. Klasse, Werkstatt Jett, etc.). It appears you are using it over a carnuaba (P21S). I believe Sonus makes a carnuaba spritz that may be better for your present situation.

Yes I know that and think I will buy the other stuff to try it out next time. The reason I bought this over the Carnauba specific spray is beause I have mulitple cars. On my weekend car I keep the p21s and on the other ones the final coat is Klasse SG. So I bought one spray that I though would work for both products. Perhaps I read wrong and should have just got two differents sprays. No big deal.

Here is what I have been useing.

Link (http://autopia-carcare.com/son-220.html)

It seems there are 2 other types too the Acrylic Spritz (http://autopia-carcare.com/son-200.html) made for what you said. Then the Sonus Carnauba Spritz (http://autopia-carcare.com/son-210.html) which I think I will get and use from now on on the P21s.

DETAILKING
07-20-2006, 08:13 AM
blkZ28Conv is right on. You basically have an overload of oil and this stuff can not find a place to rest on the surface of the car. That product is meant to use over sealants, not carnubas.

Hope this helps.

Setec Astronomy
07-20-2006, 08:25 AM
But...the Sonus Detailing Spritz is supposed to be usable over either sealant or carnauba :nixweiss

TGates
07-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Sonus combined the qualities of its original “wax-specific†protective detailing sprays (Acrylic Spritz and Carnauba Spritz) to create a new ultra high gloss detailing spray that’s compatible with all wax and sealant systems. This new detailing spray offers greater protection and creates a super-slippery final finish with even more gloss.

In testing, regular use of Sonus Detailing Spritz doubled the life of even the most delicate carnauba wax systems.

Straight from the Detail Spritz description on ACC.

Stuff
07-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Sonus combined the qualities of its original “wax-specific†protective detailing sprays (Acrylic Spritz and Carnauba Spritz) to create a new ultra high gloss detailing spray that’s compatible with all wax and sealant systems. This new detailing spray offers greater protection and creates a super-slippery final finish with even more gloss.

In testing, regular use of Sonus Detailing Spritz doubled the life of even the most delicate carnauba wax systems.

Straight from the Detail Spritz description on ACC.

Exactly the reason I bought the stuff.

Has anyone else had problems with this product? If not then I`m sure its something I`m doing and not the product.

TGates
07-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Exactly the reason I bought the stuff.

Has anyone else had problems with this product? If not then I`m sure its something I`m doing and not the product.

I haven`t had any problems with it at all. I keep an 8 oz. bottle with a MF in my car for "emergencies" and it always works well for me. I don`t remember ever trying it on the whole car, but I have definitely done whole panels with it with no problems, and it always leaves the finish very slick and glossy.

FWIW, I use Acrylic Spritz even over carnauba and it works just fine.

TortoiseAWD
07-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Stuff and I exchanged a PM regarding this . . . I`ve had the same problem a couple of times using DS on my WRX, by I haven`t been able to pin down a cause. I mentioned it to DavidB a while back, and he suggested diluting DS with water to see if that helped. Unfortunately, I`ve been playing with so many spray waxes, spray sealants, boosters, QDs, etc., that I never got back to trying diluted DS.

Just as another data point, I`ve only noticed DS do this a couple of times, and I`ve used it quite a bit more than that. I haven`t figured out if the streaking occurs due to weather conditions, or if it`s the LSP that I`m using at the time reacting somehow with DS. I can`t even recall now what LSP I had on the car the times I noticed the streaking.

Tort

Bobby G
07-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi Guys... sorry I`m late to the show on this topic. Let me give some feedback.

I test all of the Sonus detail spray for compatibility with a wide range of polishes and waxes. To date I have not found any remaining issues with wax (LSP) compatibility. The acrylic products seem to love carnauba, and because they are water based, they have proven to be compatible with all of the sealants I have on my shelf... which is a few dozen.

I did discover an issue with the Sonus Detail Spray, which our spray sealant. When this product was first bottled we had a mixing issue. The first bottles poured were the 8 oz samples. Some of these got too much polymer (or fragrance) that is causing the streaking. For anyone having this problem, I will gladly replace it with a 16 oz bottle or with the Acrylic Glanz.

db

Stuff
07-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Well good news (kind of). I had been taking off the Detailing Spritz with the CBT. I tried taking it off with a Der Wunder Buffing Towel. Seemed to work much better, little to no streaking. Maybe its just in my head. I tried to take some pics of this for you guys but the camara and the light does not want to cooperate.

lbls1
07-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I have nothing but great things to say about all of Sonus` spritzes. I would not go without them. I believe all of them are my favorite now, depending on the application needed.