PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish - consistency

Migraine
07-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi guys.

I`ve just recieved some Optimum Polish.

The consistency is literally like water. Is this right? There was a lot of sediment floating around (presumably - the polish itself) and even when I`ve shaken the stuff for literally 5 minutes, its very hard to get any actual polish onto my pads - also the polish and liquid that it`s in seem never to combine.

Is this right? All other polishes I`ve ever used have a kind of creamy consistency, like liquid paint.

sQuashed
07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
My OP is like 1/2 dried mud... Just a major PITA. Once you shake it for like 45 minutes it should be ok but then you need to drill out the hole in the lid to get any product out.

RCBuddha
07-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi guys.

I`ve just recieved some Optimum Polish.

The consistency is literally like water. Is this right? There was a lot of sediment floating around (presumably - the polish itself) and even when I`ve shaken the stuff for literally 5 minutes, its very hard to get any actual polish onto my pads - also the polish and liquid that it`s in seem never to combine.

Is this right? All other polishes I`ve ever used have a kind of creamy consistency, like liquid paint.

Sounds like a bad bottle. Just contact Optimum and get a replacement.

imported_smprince1
07-19-2006, 01:17 PM
I shook my OP for minutes with no luck until I removed the cap and inserted a rod and stirred first. Then, after stirring to break up the solids at the bottom, I was able to mix by shaking vigorously.

Migraine
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
So theres probably dried/caked up mud in the bottom of the bottle that I haven`t seen yet?

Wierd. I`ve heard great things about Optimum but never come across a polish like this!

Edit: smprince1 - I`ll give that a try thanks :hifive:

budman3
07-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Optimum had a problem when mixing batches of OP. I think that the product didn`t get mixed properly and a lot of product was left un mixed on the sides of the mixer. I assume this is what happened to you. They will send you a new cap if your bottle doesn`t dispense the product correctly. Shake and mix, try to do whatever to fix the issue and let Optimum know.

Evenflow
07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
I had the same problem.

I contacted Optimum, they sent me a fresh bottle and a bottle of OCW to cover shipping charges. Great guys.

Migraine
07-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

I stirred with a long (clean) screwdriver and found a lot of clumps at the bottom! Having stirred them up one long shake was enough to turn it into proper polish :getdown

Joshua312
07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Can someone post the email addy to Optimum, Im at work right now and it is blocking their site. Thanks!

Migraine
07-19-2006, 03:29 PM
info@optimumcarcare.com :)

Joshua312
07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
info@optimumcarcare.com :)

Thank you! :hifive:

Migraine
07-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Anytime :)

BTW I couldn`t resist and tried out Optimum Polish (by hand) on a panel... Wow! This is pretty good stuff! Far better than Autoglym SRP (the only other thing I can compare it to!).

My PC should arrive in a few days :spot