PDA

View Full Version : swirls

pwrstrk02
07-18-2006, 12:14 PM
i am an auto detailer to the extent that i do not restore i just cover with the exception of claying. my own vehicle is black ser sentra. i used to alot of washing by towels (oops) before i knew any better. i just bought Meg`s #3 machine glaze with a #1 light cut formula. buffing pad was a factory wight foam pad for the pc da model i dont know. old water spots are gone but the swirls are still there. should i go with the either/#9,#3, and then wax/#9, and then wax/or some other method? i would like to expand my business into light restoration but obviously not knowledgable enough. p.s. i am aonly an otc detailer, no internet buying or bulk buying. thanks for any input and sugestions, perfect image auto detailing of smithville mo..

drew.haynes
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
i am an auto detailer to the extent that i do not restore i just cover with the exception of claying. my own vehicle is black ser sentra. i used to alot of washing by towels (oops) before i knew any better. i just bought Meg`s #3 machine glaze with a #1 light cut formula. buffing pad was a factory wight foam pad for the pc da model i dont know. old water spots are gone but the swirls are still there. should i go with the either/#9,#3, and then wax/#9, and then wax/or some other method? i would like to expand my business into light restoration but obviously not knowledgable enough. p.s. i am aonly an otc detailer, no internet buying or bulk buying. thanks for any input and sugestions, perfect image auto detailing of smithville mo..

Don`t use #9. At least IMO... all I hear about it is just that it is loaded with fillers. I`d think OTC... Meg`s #83 DACP for medium aggressiveness, Meg`s #80 Speed Glaze for light aggressiveness, Meg`s #82 Swirl Free Polish for very light correction. I have not used these, just been researching them alot as I will be going more OTC with alot of my polishes soon.

EDIT: Oh! And you need a different pad!

Cassman
07-18-2006, 03:06 PM
I don`t know where you live, but I went to Meguairs.com and did a retailer search. There are a number of auto paint supply shops near me that carry a pretty full line of Meg`s professional line items. I suggest that you check that out. I`d buy a few decent pads from such a place and then get #83 and #80. If you do any research at all, you will find out what I mean by those numbers.