PDA

View Full Version : How To Recognise Bonding Problems?

sWISHbrade
07-18-2006, 04:12 AM
Hi guys,

I have just applied FK1`s FX100 on top of my layer of Meg`s #26 but somehow it doesn`t give me the desired shine and slickness.

I was wondering if there was a bonding issue between these 2 products and wondered if the more experienced forummers can guide me to recognise bonding problems / compatibility issues between any 2 products? How do we tell?

I have also noticed water droplets to dry "white" in colour after my FX100 application. But the spots aren`t hard, and come off with a gentle wipe from my fingers. What`s happening?

Could it also be the method of application? Part of the car, I had sprayed FX100 onto the car directly and spread it with a terry cloth applicator before buffing off with a MF cloth. Part of the car, I had applied the FX100 onto the product soaked terry applicator before applying onto the car.

Frankly, I can`t spot any difference, but can someone tell me if there are any subtle difference in my 2 methods of application. Or if there is another preferred method of application? Please advise.

Forgot to mention that I have a mica black ride.

Thanks for helping Mr Noob! :o

Bence - Pls forgive my posting this thread under the FK1 thread too. I am trying to solicit a reply from Tech, but at the same time, real practical experience from the experts here (like yourself) are invaluable to me. Thanks.

Bigpoppa3346
07-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Yes, you may be experienceing some bonding issues. In my experience, bonding issues typically are:

1) Spots or smears that just wont seem to go away after buffing the LSP off.

2) Looks or slickness that are a bit lacking.

3) Reduced durability

4) And some others I may not have listed

In general you use sealants on a clean base(no fillers or waxes left behind) for maximum effect. Many sealants, however, can be used with products that leave something behind on the paint, albeit with diminished durability.