PDA

View Full Version : Product and application questions

thesacrifice
07-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Hello, I`m trying to get my cleaning/detailing process maximized effienceny and outcome wise.

So here`s how I did it yesterday, any criticism and suggestions would be well appreciated.

Used my new foamgun to cover the car in foam and let it "dwell"

I then sprayed it off with water and then reapplied to each panel as I washed it with a meguires mit. (Ordering a sheep mitt soon)

I was concerned about water spotting so I was keeping each panel wet as I went so that it wouldn`t dry.

Watered off the car again.

Then used clay lube and a clay bar on the wet car to claybar it. I only did the hood, front bumper and roof as well as a few problem spots. Used the foamgun on the car again, let it dwell then rinsed it off.

I then dried it off and applied NXT wax. Let that sit and took it off. My problem with the wax is today I have powder residue from the wax all over the place. I`m sure it will come off when I drive the car but is that a sign off applying the wax too thick? I removed the wax with a terry towels.

Ok...so I have quick detail spray. This is something I use between washes right? I also have spray wax...and that is something I do maybe on the weekends between full on waxes?

I`ve been reading reviews about the duragloss aw....is that a spray quick wax that would be used between rubbed on waxing?

Thanks

p.s. car is an 06 steel grey wrx.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Your wash sounds good, with the exception that you didnt mention if your rinse the mit before each panel.

I think ou would be better off if you at a minimum, threw in a paint cleaning or polsih befor the NXT.....And as for the dust, sound like you used too much , as polys generally wont dust at all.........Also, microfibers could have helped minimize the dust...

Feel free to use the quick detailer for freshening up, but only if theres very very very light dust. There great for quick cleaning of bird messes and finger prints. The AW is actually recommended on wet surfaces......

thesacrifice
07-18-2006, 12:03 AM
I`m not familiar at all with polishes or paint cleaners. As I understood they rubbed at the clearcoat, even light polishes.

The car is only 7 months old so I`m pretty hesistant to start going at the clearcoat already.

I just picked up some microfibers so I`ll try that the next time I use a rub on wax (probably fall)

Think I`m going to pick up some Duragloss AW if I can find it tomorrow and give her a quick detail followed by the AW. (Excuse to get some of the powder off)

a.k.a. Patrick
07-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Dont even be concerned with clear coat removal, you have a long way to go..............

thesacrifice
08-10-2006, 03:11 AM
k, so the rundown now is.

Meguiers Gold car wash

mothers clay bar

NXT Wax

Duragloss Aquawax between the NXT.

Duragloss Fast and Clean QD

The car is 9 months old now and I`m starting to notice minor scratching in the clear coat. I`d like to attack these by hand. What kind of polish would you recommend that can be applied by hand, is relatively user friendly (never used polish) and is pretty gentle (to be used every other wash or so?