PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic jet Trigger-Worth Upgrading?

TN9thSi
07-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I gave my less than 600 mile old silver car a full detail today. Process was: wash, clay FPII (in spots), Prime, AJ x1. The paint looks brilliant. It`s very wet and reflective. I`ll probably add another coat of AJ tomorrow for good measure. Just wondering if it woule be worth my money to upgrade to AJ Trigger? I know it`s easier to apply and remove, but does it add anything to an existing base of regular AJ? Also, since Acrylic Glos is rather expensive for its size, would QuikShine work well instead? I still have 1/2 gallon left and absolutely love the stuff. Glos is great with AJ, but I`m hoping QS should work just as well.

imported_Amused
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
I may be in the minority in this regard, but I like AJ better than Trigger. Trigger seems to fade on me quicker than AJ :nixweiss

racingbeat
07-17-2006, 05:39 PM
how do you know when its fading? Its been almost four months since I sealed with AJT.

But Its been topped with waxes(monthly) or spray gloss just about (once a week) since.

imported_Amused
07-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I don`t top my LSPs. I usually lay down 2 layers and let it play out. Occasionally I`ll QD after a wash with Quik Shine, but that`s about it.

With respect to noticing my LSP fading...the most notable tip-off for me is how water beads while pre-rinsing before a wash. Usually the beads aren`t as uniform and empty patches appear. Also, spot cleaning with ONR is a bit more difficult. Maybe it`s me, I don`t know :think:

HowardPearson
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
FujiFast-

How long are you getting out of AJ vs. AJT, and under what conditions.

SDLexus
07-17-2006, 09:52 PM
AJ and AJT are supposed to be the same product but with different application methods. Durability should be about the same for both as well as appearance. It comes down to which application method you prefer.

imported_Amused
07-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I generally don`t like to go longer than 4-5 weeks without reapplying an LSP. But, when I get a new one, I like to test its longevity on the first application...for AJ, I got about 8 weeks, and 6 weeks for AJT before I noticed any significant fade.

My car`s a DD and outside 24/7. I park next to the ocean once a week, so that my factor into the longevity :nixweiss

Scottwax
07-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Honestly, they both look the same on the paint and durability is at least similar it boils down to which method of application you prefer. AJT definitely is not a waste to try to see if you like it. I think AJ is a bit more cost effective in the long run because depsite AJT`s lower price, you use more per application.

imported_john1c
07-18-2006, 12:50 AM
is acrylic jet trigger a good sealant..

if i use that then apply nattys blue.. would that be good?

SDLexus
07-18-2006, 01:48 AM
is acrylic jet trigger a good sealant..

if i use that then apply nattys blue.. would that be good?

Should be fine. I would allow 12-24 hours of cure time before topping the AJT with anything.

Wasatch
07-18-2006, 07:03 AM
I might try AJT when my AJ runs low.

TN9thSi
07-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Thaks, guys. Looks like I`ll just keep using regular AJ as it`s been working very well for me. I apply with a finishing pad on the PC and get very good results.

On a side note, I tried Quik Shine on the car this morning. It left the finish slicker than Glos and seemed to add a little depth. I haven`t found a wax or sealant QS didn`t work on, and AJ is no exception. Glos is good, but I like the QS a little better. Besides, the scent of Glos always reminded me of glass cleaner with it`s solvent-like smell.

tustah
07-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Thaks, guys. Looks like I`ll just keep using regular AJ as it`s been working very well for me. I apply with a finishing pad on the PC and get very good results.

On a side note, I tried Quik Shine on the car this morning. It left the finish slicker than Glos and seemed to add a little depth. I haven`t found a wax or sealant QS didn`t work on, and AJ is no exception. Glos is good, but I like the QS a little better. Besides, the scent of Glos always reminded me of glass cleaner with it`s solvent-like smell.

Thanks for the input! I recently received my 2nd Werkstatt order (Prime, AJ, AJT, AG, CG) and figured the glos`s would work better when using AJ/AJT or CJ. I`ll definitely try half a hood with quickshine and the other with a Glos.