PDA

View Full Version : Does the LSP only last as long as whats under?

M3Li
07-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I have been using ColorX + Collinite for about a year and have been wondering if the ColorX is reducing the Lifetime of the Collinite. The reason im asking is because ColorX actually puts a layer of wax. So the Collinite is really just layering on the ColorX.

What I don`t know is how the wax`s start deteriorating. Do they reduce from the surface or do they fall off as they lose their bond to the paint?

My other choice I have is to just cleaner/polish separately then lsp. But I would much rather use my ColorX since it makes the job easier.

Thanks for the help!

TigerMike
07-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Does the LSP only last as long as whats under?

Typically, I like to think yes, that is correct. At least, this is how I always approach my LSP applications, if I am layering products. Start with the base as the most durable, with the toppers as less durable. Of course, you can do it any way you like, but it will likely affect the performance of the durable product to apply it on top of less durable products.

M3Li
07-17-2006, 11:07 AM
So then it would be Mother`s Cleaner wax vs the ColorX as the base coat? I imagine that they should have about the same durability.

Or does the polish you use after the Cleaner Wax remove the wax and replace it with polish? Making the LSP bond directly with the paint?

atticdog
07-17-2006, 09:10 PM
or what about useing AIO as a base alone it isnt very durable so does that effect durability of anything over it?