PDA

View Full Version : One polish to get me started with my PC

Migraine
07-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Hi guys.

I`ve just ordered my PC from Autopia - quite excited. I got the Sonus SFX kit which means I get pads and some Paintwork Cleanser?

Anyway, I need a polish.

Available to me are:

DP

Poorboys (the SSRs and Pro Polish)

Meguiars (consumer range like NXT and Gold Class)

Mothers

Optimum Polish

Pinnacle

Wolfgang

Please help me choose ONE product to get me started. I plan to add to my collection of potions later on but I`d like to build some experience before I blow £100 on stuff I don`t like :)

Tempted by Optimum (having read ScottWax`s click and brag posts :D) or the Poorboys Professional Polish.

I already have:

Autoglym Super Resin Polish (starting to get low!)

Poorboys EX-P sealant

Poorboys Nattys paste wax

Sonus Paintwork Cleanser (coming with the PC!)

Todd@RUPES
07-17-2006, 08:33 AM
#80 IMO, but the Meguiars products you listed are not polishes but waxes

Migraine
07-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Sorry, I was trying to get across that I can`t (seem to) get hold of any of the Megs professional products (ie #80 #82 etc) and that the only ones I can find are from the `consumer` ranges.

If you know where I can get #80 in the Uk I`ll gladly give it a go as I`ve heard good things!

LucasZCPM3
07-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Sorry, I was trying to get across that I can`t (seem to) get hold of any of the Megs professional products (ie #80 #82 etc) and that the only ones I can find are from the `consumer` ranges.

If you know where I can get #80 in the Uk I`ll gladly give it a go as I`ve heard good things!

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Details.asp?objecttradersearch=1&GroupID=5011

TGates
07-17-2006, 08:50 AM
I`d have to say Swirlbuster pad and polish.

imported_GMCloud27
07-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Out of that list, OP followed by PB`s PP in 2nd. Personally however, FPII / PO85RD is my favorite and I wouldn`t use anything less--just comes at a cost