PDA

View Full Version : Another Off-Brand Magic Eraser!

rcl1221
07-16-2006, 10:54 PM
It looks like Target is fast becoming a regular place to hit for detailing supplies. I`ve found they have another product to add to our growing list of Vroom and Method products.

It seems they have formulated their own version of the famed Mr. Clean: Magic Eraser. It is under the Target brand, and called "Clean-Up" Eraser.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6565/cleanuperaserav6.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5901/cleanuperaserlayoutvp1.jpg

Now, for the best part, the price. It`s $2.49 for a pack of 4. Which comes out to roughly $0.65 a pop (w/ tax). And I think they`re actually bigger than the Mr. Clean`s. They`re 5.0x2.5x1.0inches.

I have yet to use `em, just picked em up today. Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up! Oh, they are Made in Germany, just like the originals.

With the success and praise of Target`s Method, and Vroom lines, I doubt this product will dissapoint. Even if it has the flaking problems of some other Off-Brand Erasers, I`d be hard-pressed to find the originals for $0.65/eraser.

Woob
07-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Let`s us know how these perform, so many different types of foam on the market!

imported_tpdetail
07-17-2006, 12:09 AM
which section did you find them in?

Big Leegr
07-17-2006, 08:53 AM
In Canada the "Dollarama" stores just started carrying knock off erasers. 2 pak for a buck. Made in the USA, as opposed to the "made in Gremany" of the Mr. Clean, so they aren`t exactly the same. ;) Also, they have a blue sponge on one side, and the eraser material on the other.

awahl63
07-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Wonder how they`ll perform

medic159
07-17-2006, 12:50 PM
There is nothing to formulate or knock off for these companies, the Mr. Clean eraser is made by a German company and anyone can buy it from the US distributor as long as they buy the minimums. The Target eraser is the exact same unit as the Mr. Clean.

medic159
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
In Canada the "Dollarama" stores just started carrying knock off erasers. 2 pak for a buck. Made in the USA, as opposed to the "made in Gremany" of the Mr. Clean, so they aren`t exactly the same. ;) Also, they have a blue sponge on one side, and the eraser material on the other.

I`d be willing to bet you that the "magic eraser" side is the German unit. The blue sponge was bonded to the eraser here in the USA and this technically changed the origin to USA since the eraser part is of lesser value than the rest.

rcl1221
07-17-2006, 03:06 PM
There is nothing to formulate or knock off for these companies, the Mr. Clean eraser is made by a German company and anyone can buy it from the US distributor as long as they buy the minimums. The Target eraser is the exact same unit as the Mr. Clean.

That makes a lot of sense.

And I found them in the Household Cleaning Supplies section. They`re near the original Mr. Cleans and various cleaning sprays.

SDLexus
07-17-2006, 03:37 PM
I use these things around the house. How are you guys using the erasers in your car detailing?

Pats300zx
07-17-2006, 04:06 PM
How are you guys using the erasers in your car detailing?

I use them to clean up plastic trim on door jabs and vinyl. They are great for removing scuffs etc.

rcl1221
07-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I use it for gunk on trim/interior, on wheels, and it`s a step in my scratch detailing process.