PDA

View Full Version : reasons to have your car detailed...

Envious Eric
07-15-2006, 05:56 PM
there was a thread a while ago, but I cant find it....

but anyway....

I was hoping some of you could help me out....I am looking for about 10 reasons to put on my website under the topic of REASONS TO HAVE YOUR CAR DETAILED....

pride knowing your car is looking its best

clean car driving around town

resell value is more

time saving - customer doesnt have to do it

professional knowledge on processes

Cosmom3
07-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Im currently going through the same dilema except not on a website. In my area I have mentioned oxidation build up, the possiblity of clear coat failure (if not protected corrently), point out body shop and dealer "no no`s" (show evidence like pictures).

I dunno Im kinda in the same boat as you.. :sadpace:

dtailmycar
07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I think this is the post you are looking for.. let me know if it works for you..

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63895&highlight=reasons

Envious Eric
07-16-2006, 01:43 AM
thats the thread I was looking for.....thanks

dinan 3er
07-19-2006, 11:27 PM
I dont know if its mentioned in that thread. but my dad said it makes people realize you are a clean well off person. that you take pride in your work. and that you are an overall sharp guy.

Captain McFunk
07-20-2006, 09:43 AM
The biggest one I sell to customers is that when they plan to resell the car, if it`s spotless, they can easily get $1k+ more, all for spending $150 to get it cleaned. They like that.

Joshua312
07-20-2006, 09:55 AM
A detailed...or even clean car for that matter reflects on the kind person you are directly. I talked to a guy before who rents out summer homes to people, he could tell immediatly when seeing what kind of condition their vehicle was in whether he was going to rent the house to them, it didnt matter if they had a 1977 piece of crap car, as long as it was clean and taken care of, thats all that mattered, he knew they would take care of the home and not damage property....if someone had a brand new bmw full of mud and filthy on the inside..goodbye to them.

STI Jaguar
07-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Well dammit, I spent $24 on clay, $20 on polisher, $25 on wax, $10 on dirving around and picking this stuff up and minor things= $80. Plus maybe 5hrs of break back cleaning= satisfactory to good shine.

Looking back I should have went to some kickass Detailer for $325. Would have been worth it imo.