PDA

View Full Version : An Updated Z-16...

Pages : [1] 2

jmsc
07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
anyone who has ordered recently Z-16 notice the newer formula?

Different smell. Different color. More bam to the tire. And more durability I`ve been told.

If true, then I have to give Sal alot of credit to the way he runs and markets his business and his fairly extensive line of products. VOC compliant, constantly improving each of his products and his almost personal customer service. I bought into his system (last month) after 4 years of resistance on Autopia. I have nothing negative to say about his products that I`ve tried (10/15). They work very well as advertised. Not quite ready to convert to the Zaino religion but I am positively impressed so far. Anyone looking for carnauba, qd`s, glazes or oily polishes?

ZaneO
07-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Yep, the updated Z16 is great.

imported_Amused
07-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I`m not much of a tire dresser, but I do like Z16. It`s the only tire dressing I own :)

I bought into his system (last month) after 4 years of resistance on Autopia. I have nothing negative to say about his products that I`ve tried (10/15). They work very well as advertised. Not quite ready to convert to the Zaino religion but I am positively impressed so far. Anyone looking for carnauba, qd`s, glazes or oily polishes?

Every product line has their zealots and they generally turn me away from the product whether it`s a great one or not, so I can understand your resistance the past 4 years. I gave in to Zaino last spring myself :grinno:

I definitely consider it a top shelf product line along with some other personal favorites :2thumbs:

MBurnickas
07-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Nice bubblegum scent and it seams to be darker, although I haven`t heard anyone confirm that it looks different to them.

Edited- I guess it is confirmed. :2thumbs:

imported_memnuts
07-16-2006, 05:43 AM
The newest formulation is light blue. In my recent order I got a bottle of Z16 to finish off this detailing season (a single bottle last quite a while). I was finishing off my previous version bottle when I was talking to Sal and he asked how I like the improved Z16? I said "has it changed"? "Yes, added more polymers and it will endure even longer".

When I got home I checked my unopened bottle of Z16 and it was the new version. :woot:

Product improvement without changing the goods features (economical, easy to apply, no sling and appearance can be titrated to one`s taste) of the previous version without the fanfare. :bow

jmsc
07-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. I received an e-mail on the recent Z-5 Pro upgrade. Why did he not do the same with the Z-16 Pro? I mean the look on the tires is slighly different, the smell is different. So I could sense a change but I wasn`t positive.

ZaneO
07-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. I received an e-mail on the recent Z-5 Pro upgrade. Why did he not do the same with the Z-16 Pro? I mean the look on the tires is slighly different, the smell is different. So I could sense a change but I wasn`t positive.

Sal is constantly tweaking his products, but he rarely "broadcasts" the changes.

Z5 Pro (like Z2 Pro) had undergone some pretty significant development and changes - plus those are the staples of his line. That`s why there was an announcement.

DETAILKING
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Sal typically changes color of his product from time to time in order to distinguish between different versions.

I noticed the new blue coloring as well, and sal confirmed to me it was an improved polymer formula (a true rubber and trim sealant) with increased durability.

medic159
07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Z-16 after 250+ miles of driving in scorching heat and some downpours, amazing stuff!

http://dftowel.com/elky/Z16close.jpg

Tonywp75
07-17-2006, 02:58 AM
darn now i have to get me a bottle of it, after i finish off my tire dressing. Seem like most of my products are being replaced with Zaino.

stilez
07-17-2006, 08:15 AM
I now have 4 bottles of the new stuff...Can`t get enough!

DF: I agree with your results. My tires (after 2 applications) hold up to just about anything.

imported_Picus
07-17-2006, 08:20 AM
I don`t know if you guys do this too - but I`ve always liked Z16 on trim as well as tires. In fact I like it so much I have a bottle that I only use on my car. :)

stilez
07-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Trim, tires, wells, interiors, you name it.

I have a couple engine details coming up and I will be testing it out at different dilutions. (1:1, 2:1, 3:1) in a spray bottle.

jmsc
07-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Anyone care to estimate durabilty with the new Z-16P on tires? A 50% increase?

Has Sal given any est?

ZaneO
07-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Anyone care to estimate durabilty with the new Z-16P on tires? A 50% increase?

Has Sal given any est?

It would be extremely difficult to quanitfy something like that given the huge range of conditions, but it seems to add several days appearance for me on tires.