PDA

View Full Version : order of detail question

Guy
07-15-2006, 07:51 AM
I`m going to detail my parents cars for them to get it ready to sell. They have a 91 Chevy Z-34 silver with light oxidation and paint imperfections. My old school uncle washed and waxed it for them using Meguiars NXT. He didn`t clay or polish and the paint still looks like crap.

Should I wash, clay, paint cleaner, then polish, or polish then use paint cleaner, ending with sealant? Noobie here trying to learn, Thanks!

Driven Auto Detail
07-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Wash -> Clay -> Paint Cleaner -> Polish ->Sealant -> Carnuba

You should have it looking good again with that process. The better prep work you do before you seal/wax it, the better it will turn out. It`s all about the prep work.

awahl63
07-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I`m going to detail my parents cars for them to get it ready to sell. They have a 91 Chevy Z-34 silver with light oxidation and paint imperfections. My old school uncle washed and waxed it for them using Meguiars NXT. He didn`t clay or polish and the paint still looks like crap.

Should I wash, clay, paint cleaner, then polish, or polish then use paint cleaner, ending with sealant? Noobie here trying to learn, Thanks!

Which polish and which paint cleaner are you using/

Guy
07-16-2006, 06:37 AM
I`m using 3M perfect it 05996 polish, blackfire polish, pinnacle or medallion paint cleaner, and blackfire sealant or prestone sealant. I`m impressed by the shine and depth of the prestone, however it brings out the flaws and attracts dust. But thought it would impress the buyer.

Also I`m going to order some of the duragloss products sometime in the near future.

velobard
07-16-2006, 08:50 AM
I might also suggest a glaze with some fillers to hide some of the flaws before waxing or sealing.

Guy
07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Velo, any suggestions on a good glaze? I have Sonus paint cleaner and polish which came with my 7424, and Sonus Swirl remover orange pad coming tuesday with the Swirl buster polish.

zarko
07-16-2006, 05:22 PM
IMO I Suggest Klasse Sealant Glaze........prep with klasse all in one......

another good one is FMJ by menzerna......

Guy
07-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I`ve used Klasse twins before, but I need an OTC product. My wife is threatening me with a pencil in my eye if I order any more stuff!