PDA

View Full Version : Newly obsessed detailer but some observations

froll
07-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Though as the title says I am a newly obsessed WW detailer, I wanted to contribute some of my suggestions. I`ve learned a tremendous amount from the folks and pros on this board, here are some of the things I learned:

1. Washing: I have been using the Wolfgang Foam gun and love it. I`ve alternated between Z7 and Poorboys the latter of which I think is a little suddsier & by far more economical. I find it works best using short spurts (instead of constant spray) and doing one panel at a time. I`ve also strated using a sheepskin mitt (sheepskin.com). This mitt is soft as silk and slides aross the foamed up panel. I`m liking it much more then the several MF mitts I`ve tried out. This is my new favorite.

Though I`m a Zaino user, I won`t even bother to comment on this since I`ve learned y`all are as passionate about your wax as well are about our cars.

2. Tires and wheels : Foam scrub then clean with Griots rubber cleaner topped off w/ Zaino tire dressing applied with a dedicated molded sponge. What a shine and very durable. After wheel washing, monthly application of wheel wax -- really cuts down on brake dust buildup and makes maintenance very easy.

3. Interior : While I had been using just damp MF on plastic areas (such as nav & guages) I tried Plexus. OMG - what a beautiful finish and as advertised, nice dust repellant. And oh, BTW, used plexus on my headlight covers and I have never seen covers shine like this before. More on interior: leather and vinyl - have been using Zaino leather treatment (on both leather & vinyl) and very happy with it. Very nice finish and seems to be durable not to mention a nice smell. I also invested in a Metro Vac n` Blo and am very satisfied with it. Unbelievable suction, great selection of tools and compact enough not to be a pain to shlep outside as opposed to my Shop Vac.

These are just some observations from a relative noob. Once again thanks to all for the input from which I continue to learn lots and lots. Also special thanks to all the pros who continually share their knowledge and expertise.