PDA

View Full Version : Polishin` Pal & Klasse

ndtechie05
07-14-2006, 11:58 PM
hey guys i just purchased the polishing pal and the diff pads that come with it. im going to be prepping my car for a car show next weekend and im wondering which pads to use. im a religious zaino user and i saw klass makes a good base for z2 and z5 so i went ahead and bought some. so heres what im going to do:

z7 wash

clay

z7 wash

z-pc with organge pad?

klass with blue pad?

z2 with blue pad?

z5 with blue pad? ( i bought 3 blue pads in which to only use one product on)

and of couse im going to be QD in between coats. im not settled on how many coats of z2 and z5 im going to use. how does this sound. btw i wash my car every week so it is in good condtiion with some minor swirls.

ndtechie05
07-15-2006, 11:09 AM
anyone?????

No_Traction
07-15-2006, 10:13 PM
I have not tried the orange pad with my Polishin Pal. I use the blue finishing pad with great success with ZPC.

ndtechie05
07-15-2006, 11:38 PM
I have not tried the orange pad with my Polishin Pal. I use the blue finishing pad with great success with ZPC.

and it does a good job of getting rid of swirls? how long do you leace the zpc on to cure?

steelwind101
11-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi

Does it remove swirls, maybe not with the Z5 etc. But with say 4 Star or Pinnicle swirl remover??

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
11-21-2006, 07:47 AM
You`re going to need the orange pad with the ZPC to remove the swirls. Depending on the color of the car you might want to go over it again with a finer pad. You don`t say which Klasse you are using, but if you are using ZPC I don`t really think you need to use anything else before your Z5/Z2 (Zaino recommends you finish with Z2 if you are using both).

Eliot Ness
11-21-2006, 07:48 AM
and it does a good job of getting rid of swirls? how long do you leace the zpc on to cure?Z-PC (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-PC&Category_Code=Zaino) is an abrasive polish that does not need to cure. You would work it in a small (~2` x 2`) area until the abrasives are broken down and then buff off with a MF. Z-PC was designed to leave a "clean" base for Z-2/5 so I wouldn`t bother using anything except Z-6 (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-6&Category_Code=Zaino) for a quick wipe-down before applying Z-5 x 2 (w/ZFX) and then Z-2 x 1.

Pad choice would normally be either the white (polishing) or orange (light cut) pad depending on how bad your defects are. I`ve never applied this stuff (Z-PC) by hand, so you might be better off starting out with the white pad and see how well it goes, then use the orange if needed.

The blue pad should do fine for applying Z2/5, but give it a very light spritz of Z-6 before you start.