PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still a UPP fan?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
07-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Haven`t seen too many post about UPP lately.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Still? Never stopped useing it........Still my "go to" 90% of the time........

imported_NHBFAN
07-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Still? Never stopped useing it........Still my "go to" 90% of the time........

just on light and neutral colors ... right?

dmxsoulja3
07-14-2006, 09:13 PM
i use it on most all the wax jobs I do looks great on silver or dark colors depends on what your going for I just like a smooth paint look and protection and it provides both. I also like their spray wax in between waxings to keep up the look and protection

Rickrack
07-14-2006, 09:50 PM
I use it all the time on white or silver "economy" details because it is unbelievably easy to apply & remove. Probably the slickest wax or sealant I have ever used, not to mention how good it looks. It is not very durable, but OCW looks great on top of it for a little added protection.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I actually prefer UPP on darks, and OCW/UPPS on lights.........Both UPPS or OCW are excellent, quick touch up or booster products also, as well as stand alones.....

blackntan
07-15-2006, 07:50 AM
i`ve given up on it because of it`s durability...

On my customers cars, I`d hate for them to be super impressed with the slickness the day I did it, but when they`re talking up my work on Monday, their co-workers point out that it`s no longer slick...

that`d be aweful.

Actually, I don`t have a go to sealant right now... Odd... I`m using NXT paste (I guess this could be considered a sealant?), Natty`s blue, and S100....

Great. Now I gotta go run through some sealant reviews....

klnyc
07-15-2006, 08:26 AM
I used on white, grey and some time darker color...ezy on, ez off.

Brian_Brice
07-15-2006, 08:42 AM
im still yet to try it, i hear its ease of use is unmatched. anyone every use hi temps poly plate? is it similar? hi temp sent me samples of around 30 products and thier poly plate was a breeze to work with and great results, cants say much for durability as its only been a few weeks, i also LOVED thier leather cleaner/conditioner and thier leather vinyl lotion.

wannafbody
07-15-2006, 08:43 AM
i`ve given up on it because of it`s durability...

On my customers cars, I`d hate for them to be super impressed with the slickness the day I did it, but when they`re talking up my work on Monday, their co-workers point out that it`s no longer slick...

that`d be aweful.

Actually, I don`t have a go to sealant right now... Odd... I`m using NXT paste (I guess this could be considered a sealant?), Natty`s blue, and S100....

Great. Now I gotta go run through some sealant reviews....

If your looking for volume use Duragloss 105/ AW combo is quite durable. Larger sizes are available direct from the manufacturer.

imported_NHBFAN
07-15-2006, 08:54 AM
im still yet to try it, i hear its ease of use is unmatched. anyone every use hi temps poly plate? is it similar? hi temp sent me samples of around 30 products and thier poly plate was a breeze

Interesting sounding product, but a search here found no results and I couldn`t find it at TOL either.

I believe it`s HT-78

http://www.hitempinc.com/polish_wax_seal/

Woob
07-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Still love it`s unreal gloss and depth to the paint. especially silver. I`d have to agree sometimes UPP seems like it needs lots of maintenance.

imported_MCA
07-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Big UPP fan here...as mentioned earlier slickness is unreal the next day but quickly tails off after a wash. I do wish durability was a bit better but at least it`s one of the easiest (if not the easiest) to apply/remove. My buddy applied 1 coat in the same time it took me to perform an "after-the-carwash" QD. I have not had a chance to try anything else in the Four Star line.

AL-53
07-15-2006, 09:41 AM
I realy liked the UPP for the ease of use and looks..but does not last long in the New England weather..seems like a few rains and it diminishes..maybe not the protection but slickness does..not sure....but still a nice product in the right areas...It looked great on Red....so any color is good with it..does look nice though

I have the poly plate...very nice product..used on truck last year...did nice....got a sample from the distributor here...good durability...some say it has a cleaner in it and will remove wax...do not know if they mean carunuba or both wax and sealant...I still use it on the boat and motorcycle...very easy to use..leaves a nice finish....It will not have the feel or slickness of UPP...but not far off...it is called poly spray now...at TOL site..HT-78...

I have alot of the hi-temp products and all have worked good

Al

JaCkaL829
07-15-2006, 10:15 AM
I actually just put a coat on two days ago. I used it last fall after Optimum Polish and it looked good. It definitely had a rich glow compared to some of these super shiney sealants. I remember durability being so-so, so I`m trying it again. Ease of use is great and the slickness is great before the first rain storm. I can still see myself using it on other people`s cars.