PDA

View Full Version : Detailing 4 2006 Dump trucks.

mastwolf
07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I detail on my days off and a few cars a month, but somone I know works for a company that has 4 2006 Ford dump trucks that they want the outside polished and protected, Im gonna go this sat. to give them a quote, but in order to figure into my quote, i gotta factor in the cost of some more supplies as what I have is not gonna do the job.

Im thinking if they are not too bad, just get some AIO and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, I have enuff SSR2.5 and some 3m polish/compound if there is a truck with some bigger problems.

Am i on the right track? Or is there another product out there that will save me some time and that is good for a LSP.

mblgjr
07-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Think I might opt for a spray wax to save time.

Something like OCW or Meg`s Xpress wax.

Deviant
07-15-2006, 12:45 AM
OCW or Aquawax might sound like an easier alternative. Or even a single layer of a durable wax like Collinite or something. Being that their dump trucks, I`m pretty sure they`re not going to be totally concerned w/ top notch depth and reflectiveness.

imported_themightytimmah
07-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Meguiars #66 will save alot of time. Its a sealant/polish in one, cutting power of Meguiars #80 (approx SSR2) with a #21ish sealant. Its only 20 bucks a gallon and if you buff it in via PC/rotary and remove the residue with OCW or (preferably) Duragloss AW it gives a great looking finish in no time at all.

mastwolf
07-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys! IM going to be looking at them today, and see what I`m up against, and more info on what they want out of it.