PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used FLASH Wax from Malco?

miataman
07-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I had my car detailed a while back in Gainesville, GA and the guy who did it would not really tell what products he used. However, as I was leaving he gave me a small plastic bottle of this stuff. Apparently it`s marketed as Caranuba wax and teflon and made by this company in Ohio (Malco) who make an entire line of products.

http://www.justamps.com/Malco/Malco_Flash.htm

Can anyone tell we whether this is any good and what it really is?

Thanks much.

Bigtony
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Flash wax is the pre cursor to the QD,it`s been around for a long time(atleast 10 years) , this is the only product that I liked of their line, We used it for a quick "wipe" after a detail sat outside or before an auction, you wipe on , let haze , wipe off(if you breath heavy on it will blow off...jk), probably dried before I typed the rest of this, It has no long lasting protection(maybe a month) but very smooth to the touch.If the formula is the same it should seperate melted butter color on top and a cream light yellow on the bottom(edit: lol..I just clicked on your link and sure enough the same stuff). Good maintenance product.

Thomas Dekany
07-14-2006, 03:54 PM
very nice wax. Looked fantastic on red.

strauss
07-15-2006, 09:41 AM
I have used that product a few times in the past as well. Very easy to use, but heavy dusting and minimal durability.....

PhaRO
07-18-2006, 05:49 PM
years ago I used Malco products. I used flash a lot, it was one of their products that I missed. I found that it works well but will dust. I liked letting it set for a while before removing. Very easy on / off. Durability is questionable though. It and similar products are very popular as you can do a car in minutes with very little work. Cheap, easy, looks nice, doesn`t last long sums it up for me. A few companies make similar type products, Kar Kraft, Top of the Line, Auto Magic to name a few.