PDA

View Full Version : AW as LSP?

E-Jag
07-14-2006, 01:00 PM
I know you guys must be nearly AW/DG`ed to death but I have a question which I`d like to resolve before this weekend. In my years of visiting this board and MOL`s, I`ve developed the impression that spray waxes typically aren`t used as an LSP but rather as a compliment OVER an already applied LSP to extend looks/durability. Is the AW spray wax that good that it can be used as an LSP over a polish (105) or would it be better used over #26, Nattys, etc., as an appearance enhancer?

E-Jag

TigerMike
07-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I believe it can definitely act as a LSP. I know of both carnauba paste waxes and polymer sealants that have lasted less time for me. I think the AW is pretty durable and gives good protection. Of course, really it can be used as either just an appearance booster or LSP, your choice. My AW has far and away lasted longer than OCW, and many regard OCW as a LSP, so why not AW? I think spray sealants are changing the way people protect their finish, much in the same way polymer sealants did when they first started becoming mainstream.

105 is not a polish, per se. It is a durable protectant. So, you can use AW by itself or with the 105 as a booster/appearance enhancer.

Bottom line...I`ve had just my AW go at least 1.5 months now, with no washing or other maintainence, and this included a vacation trip (1400+ miles driven). Plus, I have no garage, so my car is outside 24/7. I`d say AW is plenty durable enough for LSP designation! I`ve tried pure polymer sealants that were gone after the 1st strong rainstorm, and my AW is still beading quite well in the rain.

E-Jag
07-14-2006, 01:28 PM
TigerMike - Thanks for the good, comprehensive reply. I try not to get caught up in the "next great product" thing but failed miserably in this case. Am going to pick up 601, 105 and AW tomorrow and am really looking forward to playing with it. Al`s truck looked great with 3 apps of 105 (a day apart I guess?) so going to try that. Thanks again.

E-Jag

Mike-in-WV
07-14-2006, 05:15 PM
AW and 105 can be used under or over each other or you can dampen your applicator with AW to apply the 105. In other words they work perfectly together and compliment one another in the endurance and deep wet shine department. The AW is the easiest way to keep your vehicle looking beautiful after washing or a dusty road day. I like to just rinse with cold water, dry and spritz and polish with AW.

wannafbody
07-14-2006, 06:35 PM
AW is a great product but for maximum protection a real sealant should be used as a base. just pick your favorite one.